Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSC: PSChannel PS3 Open Source Homebrew Store for CFW WIP

Sponsored Links
    Today Italian PlayStation 3 developer deroad has released a PSC WIP preview version of PSChannel, a PS3 open source homebrew store for Custom Firmware users.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: "Well I finished my PSChannel.. I'm fixing some really small bugs.

This is a preview for PS3.. if someone wants to make a theme, just unpack the pkg and take a look to the pngs.

I will release the source code tomorrow maybe."

In the future, he states that a game and update finder are planned and also an option to allow people to choose which PS3 homebrew to save that was downloaded from PSC.

PSChannel Preview Controls:
    • X = ENTER
    • O = ESCAPE
    • ARROWS = ARROWS

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

06092011269.jpg   aaaaiq.png   imageqnc.png   img0354qr.jpg   img0360vl.jpg  

psc4hd.png   schermatadd.png   screendr.png  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a noob question about homebrews that use internet , internet can be used without any risk at all like get banned?

you know update multiman, watch tv on showtime , but never going to psn.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's my understanding exactly... with CFW as long as you steer clear of PSN you should be fine to do normal Internet-related things since Sony primarily monitors what is being done on their own network.

Have any of the "homebrew store" projects advanced enough for people to use? I know this must be around the 3rd homebrew store project I've seen but none of them ever got to the point where they were useful.

I really hope someone will step up so we can declare a clear/standard app we can all use as a homebrew store. Do keep us updated on this, PS3 News!

I thought the very same thing while posting this news, and honestly, the way kids are these days in a few weeks time it will be long forgotten like the previous ones as the "next big thing" comes out (whatever that may be) in the PS3 scene. Hopefully we'll be proven wrong though, eh?

If this comes out with a game updater that shows all the game update with the firmwares, I'll be pretty happy.

Oh what's that thing I heard about.... umm... booting PSP homebrew in PS3. Ya, that's it. Just do that and run HBStore for PSP, but change the server to a PS3 server with all the stuff on it.

What is with the game updater? Can't you find game updates from the game setting screen inside MultiMAN? Why do I need it in a store app if I already have it in there?

I just want to see a store that works and people actually support it by actively updating it with the latest versions of the apps in the scene. The few stores I did use were buggy, kinda lame honestly and the content was never updated regularly, rendering it pretty useless.

I must say though that the screenshots of this store make it look better at least interface wise, than anything I've seen so far (maybe except for the one included in JFW DH, but that one doesn't count if it will only be available in that one firmware).

I find multiMAN's game updater annoying for one reason, I don't know what firmware the update is until after I finish downloading it.

But it would be nice to have a updated store, so I can see the latest version of all my applications and download them from one place.

PSChannel v1.0 Preview - PS3 Homebrew Store for Custom Firmware

Following up on his initial announcement, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer deroad has shared a brief preview update of the PSChannel PS3 open source homebrew store for Custom Firmware (CFW) users followed by v1.05 with the changelog below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote from his blog: PSChannel

It has been a long time since I've released an update of this homebrew. Well I re-written it for the ... don't know, I have rewritten this app so many times that I lost the count, but I want to share with you this simple preview.

I want to say that the icons are temporary. This homebrew is still under development.. (oh, I was forgetting.. this will be version 1.0)

PSChannel v1.05 Changelog:
    • Fixed HDD Size bug for all FW
    • Fixed abort bug
    • Fixed chaching bug (now it loads immediately)
    • Fixed download bug
    • Fixed donwload limit bug
    • Fixed server serverside bugs
    • Fixed syscalls bugs (now all the fw will reboot)
    • Fixed exit bug
    • Fixed performance bug
    • Fixed copying performance bug
    • Fixed menu overflow bug
    • Fixed freeing memory bug
    • Code cleaned
    • Added performace patches
    • Changed loading code to do not overload the server
    • Added Lang support (now you can translate this)

For those that wants to translate this, use only utf-8 chars. you just need to translate these 2 files: /dev_hdd0/game/PSCHANNEL/Categories.txt /dev_hdd0/game/PSCHANNEL/Lang.txt the firs one contains the category names, the second one contains all the strings that needs to be translated.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News