Following up on the previous update, today PlayStation 3 developer https://twitter.com/cfwprophet/status/288239961277345792 has shared a pre-release of what he calls Unofficial MFW Builder v0.2.3 followed by v0.3 with the changes below.
Download: Unofficial MFW Builder v0.2.3 Pre-Release / Unofficial MFW Builder v0.2.3 Pre-Release (Mirror) / Unofficial MFW Builder v0.3 (Update) / PS3MFW CFW Pro Base TCL / PS3MFW CFW Pro Base TCL (02.10.2013) (works fine with emer_init.self) by haxxxen / PS3 MFW Script Updates by haz367 (via pastie.org/6081909)
Unofficial MFW Builder 0.2.3 pre release.
I'm not done yet and need to unbrick my PS3 first before i can continue debugging the app. But this console is a problem console with a flash chip that won't let his self new written -.-
So i want to put out the actual state of the update to get feadback. Don't install a generated pup of MFW Builder if you don't have a flasher and/or this release goes official puplic.
What have been changed?:
Unofficial 0.2.3 update 'cfwprpht'
In related news today PsDev has released a Create_CFW_430 Bash Script with details below, as follows:
- Major Clean Up
- Added support for 4.xx CFW
- Added spkg tool's
- Added new Keys to .ps3 folder
- Added calculated private key's for 4.xx (scekrit keys - still needs disabled ECDSA check to work)
- Added scetool to decrypt self's and to re-sign LV1, LV2, spu_pkg_rvk_verifier, they are now correctly rebuilded for 4.xx CFW
- Merged and re-arranged tasks/commands to speed up patching process
- Added Templat dir and templat icons for the segments in the homebrew category
- Added templat.xml with 'AC1D CFW' pkg-mgr, homebrew and emulator segment
- Added standalone '*Install Package Files' app to MFW
- Added a command which will create a custom dir in dev_flash for us (to use for templat imgs or the standalone Install Packages app)
- Updated Spoof task up to including 4.31
- Removed standart FirmWare spoofing in case of you can use Jailbait patch and have the same result
- Added a new Hombrew Category patch which will merge Network cat with PSN cat and use Network cat as HomeBrew cat if one of the 4 new segment patches are used
- Merged ssl patches, nas_plugin and the nonretail patches to patch_vsh.tcl
- Updated Jailbait patches and merged them with Patch_vsh.tcl to make it more specific and speed up patching process
- Added patch_lv2_npdrm_ecdsa_check to the jailbait patches category
- Added customize_mfw.tcl and merged cooldboot patches into it
- Added patch_pup.tcl and merged broken bluray, broken bluetooth, change pup version, shop2retail and retail2shop to it
- Added patch_cos.tcl and merged lv0, lv2, spu pkg rvk verifier and emer init patches to it to speed up patching process
- Added patch-lv0-coreos-ecdsa-check: Patch to disable CoreOS ECDSA check in LV0 (needed for 4.xx CFW)
- Added patch-lv1-remove-lv2-protection: Remove LV2 protection (needed for 4.xx CFW)
- Added patch-lv2-payload-hermes-355: Patch to implement hermes LV2 payload with SC8 and /app_home/ redirection 3.55
- Added patch-lv2-SC36-355: Patch to implement SysCall36 3.55
- Added patch-lv2-peek-poke-4x: Patch to add Peek&Poke;system calls to LV2 4.xx
- Added patch-lv2-lv1-peek-poke-4x: Patch to add LV1 Peek&Poke;system calls to LV2 4.xx (LV1 peek/poke patch necessary)
- Added patch-lv2-npdrm-ecdsa-check: Jailbait - Patch to disable NPDRM ECDSA check 4.xx
- Added patch-lv2-payload-hermes-4x: Patch to implement hermes LV2 payload SC8 /app_home/ redirection & embended app mount 4.xx
- Added patch-lv2-SC36-4x: Patch to implement SysCall36 4.xx
- Added patch-spkg-ecdsa-check: Patch to disable ECDSA check for spkg files (needed for 4.xx CFW)
- Added patch-alpha-sort: Alphabetical sort Order for Games in the XMB
- Added patch-rape-sfo: Rape the SFO Param's X0 (NeoGeo) and X4 (PCEngine) to use with the Homebrew category and custome segments
- Added add-install-pkg: Add the standart Install Package Files Segment to the HomeBrew Category in XMB
- Added add-pkg-mgr: Add MFW PKG Manager Segment to the HomeBrew Category in XMB
- Added add-hb-seg: Add MFW HomeBrew Segment to the HomeBrew Category in XMB
- Added add-emu-seg: Add MFW Emulator Segment to the HomeBrew Category in XMB
- Added patch-vsh-react-psn-v2-debug-341: Patch to implement ReactPSN v2.0 into VSH 3.41 DEBUG
- Added patch-vsh-react-psn-v2-debug-355: Patch to implement ReactPSN v2.0 into VSH 3.55 DEBUG
- Added patch-vsh-react-psn-v2-341: Patch to implement ReactPSN v2.0 into VSH 3.41
- Added patch-vsh-react-psn-v2-355: Patch to implement ReactPSN v2.0 into VSH 3.55
- Added patch-vsh-react-psn-v2-4x: Patch to implement ReactPSN v2.0 into VSH 4.xx
- Added customize-coldboot-health-screen: Change default coldboot Healthscreen
- Added customize-xmb-wave: Change the default XMB wave
- Added customize-game-boot-scelogo: Change default Gameboot scelogo
- Added customize-game-boot-ps3logo: Change default Gameboot ps3logo
- Added customize-trophy-sound: Change default Trophy sound
- Added customize-system-error: Change default system error sound
- Added customize-system-ok: Change default system ok sound
- Added customize-cursor-click: Change default cursor click sound
- Added customize-cursor-back: Change default cursor back sound
- Added customize-embended-app: Change default embended app (* Install Package Files) to a custome one
- Added customize-fw-version: Change default fw version in XMB
- Fixed task Shop to retail, delating of promo_flags.txt was missing
- Fixed task Change CoreOS file, just a few typo's
- Fixed task Jailbait, just a few typo's again
- Added version-suffix combobox to reduce string fields for FW version suffixes, Added -MFW, Promotial-to-Retail, Retail-to-Promotial, OtherOS++, AC1D
- Added old/new * Install Package Files (rogero patch)
- Corrected some old and new bugs
- Greetz to euss, i fixed the self_rebuilder problem by adding scetool and a simply "if" command
With cfwprophet recent release mfwbuilder (version 0.2.3) I updated the create_cfw_355 bash script and added support for 4.xx CFW creation (4.30 in general). I like to name this create_cfw_430.sh (Original huh? lol) If you have any problems with this script, please feel free to contact me so I can correct the error/glitch (Contact: Twitter, RealPsDev)
The script does the following:
- Patches lv0 to disable CoreOS ECDSA Check in lv0.
- Patches FW PKG Verifier to disable ECDSA Check for spkg files.
- Disables searching for update packages in game disc.
- Patch LV2 to add Peek&Poke system calls
- Patch LV2 to add LV1 Peek&Poke system calls
- (Jailbait) Patch LV2 to disable NPDRM ECDSA check
- Patch LV2 to implement hermes payload SC8 /app_home/ redirection & embended app mount
- Patch LV2 to implement SysCall36 4.xx
- Peek/poke support (unused lv1 calls 182 and 183)
- Remove LV2 protection
Disables integrity check in System Manager
- Patch CoreOS Hash check. Product mode always on
- Adds the standard Install Package Files Segment to the HomeBrew Category in XMB
- Patches install package files back in to xbb (4.30+)
- Add MFW HomeBrew Segment to the HomeBrew Category in XMB
- Add "/app_home" icon to the XMB Game Category
- Rename /app_home/PS3_GAME/ to Discless
- Alphabetical sort Order for Games in the XMB
- Pathces the SFO Param's X0 (NeoGeo) and X4 (PCEngine) to use with the Homebrew category and costume segments
- Patch to allow installation of pseudo-retail packages
- Patch to allow installation of debug packages
- (Jailbait) Patch to implement ReactPSN v2.0 into VSH
Please take note this does require version 0.2.3 of mfwbuilder.
# Copyright (C) 2011 glevand (firstname.lastname@example.org)
# Copyright (C) 2013 PSDev (email@example.com)
# All rights reserved.
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
# it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
# the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License.
# This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
# GNU General Public License for more details.
# You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
./ps3mfw $OFW $CFW \
--gui false \
--debug false \
--pup-build "" \
--version-string "" \
--version-suffix "PSDev" \
--patch-lv1-peek-poke true \
--patch-lv1-remove-lv2-protection true \
--patch-lv1-sysmgr-disable-integrity-check-4x true \
--patch-lv1-coreos-hash-check true \
--patch-lv0-coreos-ecdsa-check true \
--patch-spkg-ecdsa-check true \
--patch-pup-search-in-game-disc true \
--patch-lv2-peek-poke-4x true \
--patch-lv2-lv1-peek-poke-4x true \
--patch-lv2-npdrm-ecdsa-check true \
--patch-lv2-payload-hermes-4x true \
--patch-lv2-SC36-4x true \
--add-install-pkg true \
--patch-act-pkg true \
--add-hb-seg true \
--patch-app-home true \
--patch-ren-apphome true \
--patch-alpha-sort true \
--patch-rape-sfo true \
--allow-pseudoretail-pkg true \
--allow-debug-pkg true \
--patch-vsh-react-psn-v2-4x true \
From eussnl: Windows oneliner:
About Unofficial MFW Builder v0.3:
ps3mfw.exe %1 "Y:\PS3-Firmwares\OFW430.PUP" ""Z:/MFWOtherOS-out/MFW430.PUP" --gui false --debug true --patch_pup --pup-build "" --version-string "" --version-suffix "PS3DEVWIKI" --patch_lv1 --patch-lv1-peek-poke true --patch-lv1-remove-lv2-protection true --patch-lv1-sysmgr-disable-integrity-check-4x true --patch-lv1-coreos-hash-check true --patch_cos --patch-lv0-coreos-ecdsa-check true --patch-spkg-ecdsa-check true --patch-pup-search-in-game-disc true --patch-lv2-peek-poke-4x true --patch-lv2-lv1-peek-poke-4x true --patch-lv2-npdrm-ecdsa-check true --patch-lv2-payload-hermes-4x true --patch-lv2-SC36-4x true --patch_xmb --add-install-pkg true --patch-act-pkg true --add-hb-seg true --patch-app-home true --patch-ren-apphome true --patch-alpha-sort true --patch-rape-sfo true --patch_vsh --allow-pseudoretail-pkg true --allow-debug-pkg true --patch-vsh-react-psn-v2-4x true
Public release... copy the content of the .rar into the templat dir of mfw builder
Changelog v0.3 Unofficial:
Finally I decided to give that unofficial release the version v0.3 in case of the massive changes to MFW Builder. We have now 4.xx FW support and therefore I added a lot of new things and apps's, like new_pkg which also generate a spkg matching with the input pkg. I removed self_rebuilder and added scetool to decrypt SELF's and to rebuild the SELF's.
For the last option I coded my own routine which checks the input SELF and sets up the correct variables to use with scetool. Then we have a new script to auto generate predefined MFW/CFW-'s like the public released one's. To make MFW Builder a bit more secure for the avarage end user I added a SHA1 checksum test on the input PUP which can also be disabled per option for the more advanced user.
And dev's which maybe plan to release there next CFW via script for MFW Builder can enable a hidden option in the file 'mfw' to add a new SHA1 checksum of the input PUP to the db.xml. So they also can use there old CFW as input and only apply the new changes to it. So dev's don't need to share copyright protected stuff and the end user don't need to download a 200MB file every time or for every CFW and/or store more then 1 OFW on his PC.
And that's even not all what is new. I will continue working on MFW to make it an even more useful tool then it already is right now. Big THX to git-hacks.com and Anonymous Developers (Code Monkeys) for this great tool. Please note that the download below is not the entire app but rather just the files necessary to update MFW builder.
Finally, haxxxen has made available (linked above) a PS3MFW CFW Pro Base TCL stating the following:
I have enabled input of new hash checks based on your own folders, so you can put the pup in any folder. i have nothing else changed, so it is still cfwprophets's work.
I would recommend deleting db.xml and let the app create itself a new one with your own pup locations. you have to choose disable pup hash check option. I will take another look on tasks later on, as i am not very self confident at the moment.
More PlayStation 3 News...