Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3MFW Builder Portable with Two New PS3 Plugins is Released

Sponsored Links
    As a follow-up to the initial release, today tpryor has released what he calls PS3MFW Builder Portable which now includes two new PS3 plugins to extract and change the bootsound on the PlayStation 3 console.

Shortly after, [Register or Login to view links] shared his own PS3MFW Portable version that works in Windows 7 64bit and is detailed below.

Download: PS3MFW Builder Portable / PS3MFW Portable / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: yes, i made this nice app portable myself. no need to install anything, no activetcl nor the app itself or the keys. it is all integrated and it runs from any directory.

i did it cause i had problems with the temp folders and i have a SSD, which doesn't like heavy temporary writings. i've already talked about it with kakaroto and he said i should open a new thread, so no problem from his side. he also gave me 2 new plugins to extract and change the coldboot_multi.ac3 and the coldboot_stereo.ac3, the bootsound from the ps3.

edit: thank you very much kakaroto, you're one of the best...
    edit2: i don't know if it is important but i made it under winxp so maybe there are problems with vista/win7 as i cannot test it...

This portable app includes everything, Active TCL 8.5, the keys and 2 new plugins to alter the bootsound.

To run it you have to start the big "Launch PS3MFW Builder.exe" executable (47,7MB in size).

You can place the folder anywhere and run it so no need to worry and the tempfiles are created in the same folder.

Notes:

If an error occurs, you have to restart the app as the temp files cannot be deleted if not.

Please don't touch the folder structure within %Pofile% and %Temp%. However, the extracted files can be deleted under:

"PS3MFW Builder\%Temp%\PS3MFW\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files"

"PS3MFW Builder\%Temp%\PS3MFW\PS3MFW-MFW"

"PS3MFW Builder\%Temp%\PS3MFW\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files"

"PS3MFW Builder\%Temp%\PS3MFW\PS3MFW-OFW"

To use the new plugins and alter the bootsound you have to enable only the options, the names of the files are set correctly. It is 1st "coldboot_stereo.ac3" and 2nd "coldboot_multi.ac3". During the modifying there pop up two messages to alter the files, but do not click "OK" yet. in this time you have to swap your ac3 file under:

"PS3MFW_Builder\%Temp%\PS3MFW\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash\vsh\module"

From DanyL: I just moved to SSD too, and I got a tip for you - you can move the temp, desktop, my music (and so on) location, and keep your SSD's life a bit longer. Anyway, I followed kakaroto's advice and made a completely portable version.

All the Temp files go to the "Temp" folder inside the program's folder. The keys stored now in the folder "ps3keys", also inside the program's folder.

It does work in Windows 7 64bit. Enjoy!

PS3MFW Builder Portable with Two New PS3 Plugins is Released

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's posibble patch HDCP OFF for use old monitors ? thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry mate getting error while extracting file

C:\Users\Aiden\Downloads\_PS3MFWBuilder_Portable (1).rar: Invalid or corrupt authenticity information

any help?

Confirmed.Error message in winrar reports: ! C:\Users\user\Desktop\_PS3MFWBuilder_Portable.rar: Invalid or corrupt authenticity information

Please check and reupload, and thx for releasing this. I will test when you have reuploaded fixed pack :-)

But just rechecked, and now the pack is solid. Extracted and going to test this now. Just redownload from attached files on post 1.

With Thx :-)
    Last edited by theone1982; 02-16-2011 at 06:14 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yep files seem fine here. well it extracts, but crashes on open with an access violation (win 7 x86)
    Last edited by barrybarryk; 02-16-2011 at 06:30 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the option hide install package in fmbuilder seems very interesting...

Yep just seems to be the mega upload link that's broken thanks :-)

Sorry seem to be facing some more issues im using win7 ultimate x86 any one had it working on 7 yet?

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Launch PS3MFW Builder.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 497d1770
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16559
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ba9b21e
    Exception Code: c00000fd
    Exception Offset: 00056e81
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057
    Last edited by aideng2011; 02-16-2011 at 07:59 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i can't find the module file! what do you mean??

I am getting an app crash on starting of the application. In the corner of my screen a box pops up that says:

"Launching ps3mfw.exe"
    "Licensed To Egal"
    "Powered by VMWare"

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Launch PS3MFW Builder.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 497d1770
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16695
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4cc7ab86
    Exception Code: c00000fd
    Exception Offset: 0003a6d7
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 215b
    Additional Information 2: 215bcc77a990f86ac1ecee7fef1ba532
    Additional Information 3: f975
    Additional Information 4: f975cdfdb2b0c0fa400f0e2c783a21a7

This happens on all of the executables. The Rar is corrupted as well. I am on windows 7 64 bit.
    Last edited by mojobojo; 02-16-2011 at 11:29 AM

Runs fine here. Fixed the rar corruption, by extracting with 7-Zip. Just made my first 3.41. I'll install in a few moments.

Peace.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News