Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 MFW XMB InGame ScreenShot Feature Allows Saving ScreenShots

Sponsored Links
    Following up on the recent PS3 MFW Builder updates, today PlayStation 3 developer Mysis (via tiefputin2) has been working on an XMB InGame ScreenShot feature which allows PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware) users to take and save screenshots in every PS3, PSP and PS Minis game except for PS2.

PlayStation 3 developer haz367 has also coded a [Register or Login to view links] script ([4.46] in-game screenshot feature) for use with [Register or Login to view links] followed by a fixed Rebug 4.46.1 CEX Lite [Register or Login to view links] file and a [Register or Login to view links], a [Register or Login to view links] and a [Register or Login to view links] by RazorX for those interested.

Additionally, lex3a shared some [Register or Login to view links] stating: InGame Screenshot + Remote Play with PlayStation 3 (Windows Software) patches for 4.50 CEX. Tested only vsh.self, working OK. Nicolas17 also compiled an XMB InGame ScreenShot.rar PKG for those interested in testing it out.

From flynhigh09 also comes Rebug Rex 4.46 with permaphoto patch only ([Register or Login to view links] - MD5: B8CCD05DE7C1E1CD2039E8F0AD65A411) which must be installed from 3.55 due to the image version and some [Register or Login to view links] SPRX and VSH mods as well alongside a Rogero 4.46 v1.01 [Register or Login to view links] (RAR Password: console-hax.com) patch.

Below are the XMB InGame ScreenShot Feature updates and some Remote Play with PlayStation 3 (Windows Software) details, as follows:

XMB InGame ScreenShot Feature

Allow: taking screenshots in every game (ps3,psp,minis,... - except ps2)

4.21 retail: Export: vshmain_981D7E9F is retrieving enabled(1)/disabled(0) Screenshot feature-flag from dword_720A4C+4

[Register or Login to view code]

This fix will make xmb enabling screenshot save button, but it will error out when trying. it requires another patch inside vsh.self:

vsh.elf (CEX, 4.50)

Thats it! Enables Screenshot-Feature working fine. Have fun, i do !

From haz367: For rebug 446 lite cex it's 99% these 2 offsets ?! replace and sign.. these offsets/values are the originals, the bold ones needs replacing:

How to decrypt the self: Use updated SCETool.. it's included in reddot's ps3mfw 0.3.1. Just use:

or use SCETool GUI and replace old scetool with new. For re-encrypt:

scetool -- 335kb
    MD5: 3604e5f07a8b3bb119196b6cb35be643
    gitorious.ps3dev.net/mfw-tasks-custom/mfw-tasks-custom/commits/master

After fix use this vsh command:

From RedDot-3ND7355: Hey guys! Here's the changes that happened from 446 to 450!!!

[Register or Login to view links] <-- It has lv1 peek&poke <-- credits to habib!

And if cobra usb works for OFW for 450 or 446 then man... BTW i updated the [Register or Login to view links]

From sandungas: Enabling screenshot icon on XMB photo column permanently (is supposed to work OUTSIDE of games to take screencaptures of main XMB)

In dev_flash\vsh\resource\explore\xmb\category_photo. xml
    In line 45:

Replace by:

Explanation: The "sel" functions in XMB are used as "conditionals"... in this case in the original .xml the condition is "screenshot?"

If the condition is satisfied then the icon is visible, and when clicking in it the code "jumps" to the tag "seg_screenshot" that is in the same .xml at bottom (in line 265)

The problem: The condition can only be satisfied by the code inside games eboots (actually one of the mysis patches in vsh.self enables it permanently, but "main XMB" is built with the .xml's)... but to take screenshots of the main XMB we dont have any eboot loaded, so it will never be satisfyed (so is needed to unlock the icon in the xml's)

The "trick" I made is simply to remove the condition... the tag reference still is there because is needed to make the "jump" to line 265 that does the real magic.

The "jump" doesn't contains the full path to the xml file/segment because is pointing to a tag in the same xml file (in this case you can jump from one tag to other by simply pointing to the other tag name)

This has not been tested yet, please report if it works. All lines positions i said are for 4.50 firmware... but is the same idea for any other firmware versions

Is an icon in XMB photo column. It works in the same way than the "quit game" icon in XMB game column... but for "quit game" the condition is "sel://localhost/ingame?" (so "quit game" icon appears for all apps when you are inside them)

Mysis patches for vsh.self are for 4.21, then flatz added patches for 4.50... so by now only works in these 2 firmwares. My .xml edit works on all firmwares, but without the vsh.self patches i don't think it will work ingame.

And about the "loading" icon instead of the screenshot icon in main XMB... I think is because is trying to display the TITLE of the game under the icon in a smaller font (and there is no TITLE loaded in main XMB)

I think mysis patches includes what i explained (only working ingame, not in main XMB) but is patching more things, not only this

Anyway... another alternative to enable the icon only ingame from the xml's: In dev_flash\vsh\resource\explore\xmb\category_photo. xml

In line 45:

Replace by:

Replaced the condition "screenshot" by "ingame" so is supposed to work in all games, and not visible in main XMB. Like I said I don't think this is an alternative to mysis patches (only replaces one of them)... but maybe simplifies them a bit because is more convenient to patch an .xml than a .self.

The first .xml patch i posted enables screenshot in "XMB ingame" and in "main XMB" (i was trying to enable in both but we crashed with the problem of the requirement of the TITLE of an eboot that doesn't exist)

The last .xml patch only makes the icon to appear in "XMB ingame" is what we have working by now (the second vsh patch is enabling it in "main XMB" also but we cant use it because the problem with the icon text and the filename based on TITLE)... maybe patching the .sprx there is some way to fix this problem, but this is a different history.

Now I realize what i was trying is more complicated than i imagined, but the second .xml patch is usable. For the .tlc patch i think is better to use one patch in vsh.self and other in the category_photo.xml... mostly because it will be easier to mantain and port in long term

But for the people that wants to test now and don't want to wait for rebug or MFW is better to use the vsh.self with the 2 patches, just because is better to overwrite 1 file than 2 (less risky, and less room for mistakes)

I guess is a question of "personal tastes". Also, I don't know which of the 2 vsh patches is replaced by the .xml patch (I guess is the first one listed in wiki, but I'm not sure)

Remote Play with PlayStation 3 (Windows Software)

premo_plugin.prx

for 4.50

for 4.50

Enables playing Remote Play enabled games (via SFO) to be played via sonys official remote play pc software.

lv1.self

graf chokolo patch

lv1_undocumented_function_114 (mmap)

wutangrza patch

hash fixing

lv2_kernel.self

PL3 patch

lv2 peek / poke

wutangrza patch

hash fixing

Finally, below are some more TCL updates from RazorX, as follows:
    Updated tcls and added new ones:

All tested and now working.. created my own cfw from 4.50ofw and used all above except replace_vsh_file. Here's some info on the new ones:
    • customize_wave - allows you to replace the cfws xmb wave
    • patch_alpha_xml - lets you sort games in alphabetical order
    • replace_vsh_file - lets you replace the vsh.self in pup
    • replace_warning - lets you replace the startup warning and photosensitive epilepsy warning

I just made this simple tcl file ([Register or Login to view links]) it just sets the build/image version but still doesn't fix the issue i will try to download yours again. sorry forgot to mention it has 3 options which sets the build/image version for either 3.55, 4.46 or 4.50.
    From RedDot-3ND7355: My way is different, and mine only applies for 4.50, so if there is other fw you want me to add to the list just tell me their build #'s & fw and i'll add them: [Register or Login to view links]

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

2hki.png   83vu.png   g7mc.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links

Red Face

Sponsored Links
    Nice but I've RSOD before editing things manually so I'd prefer a patch.

And as I use Rebug CFW I'll wait for them to release a patch or someone to release a patch for my CFW. Rebug 4.21.2

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'm using newest rogero... can smb edit the files for me and can upload them?

Works like a charm with Rebug CFW 4.46. Thanks ^_^

not work for re-encrypt self...

use sceetool in Our MFW 0.3.1/tools/scetool.exe

file: vsh.elf ( fw4.50 ) decrypt but no re-encrypt.... WHY!?!?

I could not understand the error .. and was in command. In fact, on the thread, the commands are wrong.
    What exactly is:

I just shows the following error.

scetool of keys in the file, I have all the keys, including 4.46 and 4.50. I do not understand why it is not able to compile it.
    you have any ideas?

can i use the 450CEX_Patches.zip for HABIB 4.50?

Everyone that cant use ps3mfw properly and gets error signing and stuff PLZ

presize the fw you are trying to mod AND plz set the key folder to "data" folder in ps3mfw 0.3.1

I have no idea what i'm reading do i need the MFW 0.3.1 to get the "XMB InGame ScreenShot"? or is there a way to only get the Screenshot feature?

Working great on Rebug 4.46.1 REX

This could really benefit from a shortcut though... Some games tend to open the pause menu when you press the PS button. Maybe a keyboard combo.

I created a Package for Easy Installation.. Please Test.

Installation
    • Enable /dev_blind write access to /dev_flash
    • Just double click it in multiMAN
    • Then reset your console

Download XMB InGame ScreenShot ALL CFW: [Register or Login to view links] (Password: console-hax.com)

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News