Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 ErmaC 4.30 CFW v1.0 - Untested Custom Firmware Surfaces?

Sponsored Links
    Today we received word from a PlayStation 3 developer known as HDMadness news of his PS3 ErmaC 4.30 CFW v1.0 Custom Firmware with details below.

Warning: Although he claims this legit, it is only recommended to experiment with and test this CFW if you own a PlayStation 3 flasher or you may end up bricking your PS3 console!

From his e-mail: I'm a developer and I would like to share my own 4.30 cfw (ErmaC 4.30 CFW) with the PS3 community. It's ready, stable and brick free. And I really would like PS3News to be my exclusive "voice" to the scene on this new project of mine!

I've uploaded the fw to mediafire, so here it is: [Register or Login to view links]

PUP MD5: 6F3EF938153D380360CF88CD769FEE08

From the included ReadMe file: ErmaC 4.30 CFW v1.0
    • More Stable than any other CFW out there and completely brick free (Tested with numerous PS3, slim and phat models)
    • Can run games signed with Keys up to 4.30 without any patching needed
    • PSN enabled

*You need to be on 3.55 cfw or ofw to install this CFW. Use exactly the same precautions on upgrading/downgrading used on other CFWs to avoid any complication. Enjoy!

Below is a video demonstrating the installation of ErmaC CFW over 3.55 Kmeaw CFW thru recovery:

Best Regards,

HDMadness

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    someone with a hardware flasher should try this CFW, who knows if it has better stability than E3 CFW and Rogero 4.30?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so, the only difference is stability?

all i'm kinda waiting for, cause i might not even update if it comes true, is the ability for one of these firmwares to not need repatching on old 3.55 games. that'd make the transition easier.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I really want to know if its "brick free" , but i dont have a hardware flasher so i wont risk my 60GB PS3

Indeed, definitely not worth the risk.. sooner or later someone with a hardware flasher will give it a try for us I'm sure.

I can't say I've heard of "HDMadness" until today, so time will tell if he's a hero or a goat as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by goncalodoom View Post
    I really want to know if its "brick free" , but i dont have a hardware flasher so i wont risk my 60GB PS3
    I don't think there's any such thing as "Brick Free"... Whether its user error or Dev error; or both, any PS3 can Brick when you mess with Firmwares... We could build a Brick house with all the blocks that have come as of late, and i'm sittin on one of these blocks.. 1 PS3 down, 3 PS3's left.. I think i'll make it.

I will test tomorrow afternoon if nonone has tested by then. It sounds pleasing to the ear.. I will be downgrading a 4.25 ofw to 3.55ofw with E3 and then see if it can be updated on ofw... i plan on posting a nice video also!

confirmation to the nothing is brick free statement: sony had firmwares that bricked ps3's. so, it's not something that is completely avoidable.

Also note.. A lot of ofw bricks are due to poor routers dropping connection during an update, ie unstable wireless network.

PS3 only installs the firmware when the download is finished, so it wont install an incomplete PS3UPDAT.PUP

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News