Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    just chiming in here to give people a heads up if they are on the 4.21 cfw and are going to downgrade and then upgrade to the new 4.30 cfw. well my upgrade to the 4.21 went so smoothly and the instructions for moving to the 4.30 should be just as smooth as long as I used the 4.25 to 3.55 downgrade pup to downgrade and then used QA toggle with rogeros 3.55 v2.7 piece of cake. NOT!!!

after the downgrade i spent an hour and a half stuck in limbo FW which i've labeled (LFW). now i verified that QA was enabled LIKE 50 TIMES but could not upgrade or downgrade. all attempts from the XMB either got me "use any firmware above 1.00 error " or it would get about 60 % through and then get corruption error.. any attempts from the recovery menu which by the way told me to use 4.40 or above (does not exist LOL) would either give straight corruption error or would load up only to tell me i'm all ready on the newest firmware.

i even tried factory service mode and only got RSOD for my troubles (gotta love that Lv2diag.self) i luckily have a couple of HDD's that are backed up with the higher and lower firmwares. put in kmew drive with 4.25 spoof on it and update to rogero's 355.v27 went in like there was never any problem at all form recovery.

if it wasn't for the backups i prob would of been sitting by the door waiting for a flasher. so i to believe there must be a break in the chain some where at the drive level. while in the (LFW) OS would lock randomly going across XMB icons. so back up before you upgrade and back up before you downgrade !!! and save them both

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    I have now added a second (new) video to the bottom of the main article from HDMadness for those following.

Sponsored Links

PS3 ErmaC 4.30 CFW v1.2 is Now Available, XMB Stability Improved

Sponsored Links
    Following up on his previous update, today HDMadness has released PS3 ErmaC 4.30 CFW v1.2 which includes improved XMB Stability and he is pleased to confirm no PlayStation 3 flashers are necessary from this release onward.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2)

PUP MD5: 90EF8FD8F6D2B2DA106C38DD08DC9C66

Below are the details, to quote: Hello m8, New version released, we can now leave the flashers alone...
    • More Stable than any other 4.30 CFW out there
      (Tested with numerous PS3, slim and phat models)
    • Can run games with the latest updates signed with Keys up to 4.30 without any patching needed
    • PSN enabled
    • Cinavia protection disabled

Changes since 1.1:
    • Some small bugs fixed (XMB oriented)
    • Removed some icons from XMB (they were not needed and helped improving XMB stability), including PSHome. No more "demo mode", if you still want to use PSHome please install 'PSHome_ErmaC_4.30_CFW.pkg' included in the package
    • A few cosmetic changes

*This CFW will not brick your PS3 System or Harddrive if you install it properly. Use it with caution, the author of this CFW will not be held responsible for any damage that may be caused to your system.

You need to be on 3.55 cfw or ofw to install ErmaC CFW. Please downgrade using the proper procedures and after downgrading please install and run 'toggle_qa.pkg' on your PS3 before upgrading again to the new version.

Use exactly the same precautions on upgrading/downgrading used on other CFWs to avoid any complication. Enjoy!

*Thanks to PS3News.com for their continued support.

Finally, below is a demo video from the last release in action for those who missed it.

PS3 ErmaC 4.30 CFW v1.2 is Now Available, XMB Stability Improved

More PlayStation 3 News...

Banned User
    although i'm extremely happy with rebug 4.25 rex , i'm compelled to keep an eye on this thread. rebug might be perfect, rogero may be good and from a respected dev. But its always good to have a third option, and this seems to be the only other cfw thats continuosly getting anywhere.

It will be really interesting to see this through to completion. he's got to be getting close to a pup that dont require any other pkg installs or fixes. I think this firmware could even become the equivalent of a kmeaw 4.30 even though its from an unknown.

Yeah, I mean although he calls himself HDMadness for all we know he could be another PS3 Dev using that name for these releases... in any case it's nice to see he is still working at it even if it isn't at the moment the most "popular" CFW and so on.

After all, most of the other PlayStation 3 developers got their start here before leaving the scene or giving in to Max Louarn / Paul Owen dongle payola so only time will tell how ErmaC progresses... it could die off or become number one 6 months from now depending on the amount of time and effort put into it.

Banned User
    after the release of rebug i assumed HDMadness would back away since the bug free cfw had been achieved. he hasn't backed away hes still at it. i reckon he'll definitely complete it, and for people who don't want no bells and whistles, and only want perfect game compatability and bug free cfw.

the only two contenders at the moment are ErMac and Rogero. most of the gaming comunity only want a basic bugless cfw, rebug is too much for a lot of users. whoever reaches the goal first Rogero or Ermac is likely to become the 4.30 standard cfw. and yup its probably a known dev under a new name.

whoever it is , i wish him luck and hope he achieves completion soon. theres a lot of 3.55 cfw users sat waiting for a simple insert memory stick and install option thats stable. I think this ErmaC has a very good chance of being the cfw of choice for most users. wouldn't mind knowing what ErmaC actually stands for. (maybe its a clue to who he is)

i installed PS3 ErmaC 4.30 CFW v1.2 can play all games i had, new games need to be signed and not sure how this is done anyone can direct but it is confirmed working only for new games which need to be signed

cheers

Banned User
    new games need to be signed ?

why it should play all games up to 4.30 ofw

man, the guy really likes Mortal Kombat. It's not fake, that's all I can say but who would give up rogero or rebug for this, huh?

when finally the CFW 4.30 for consoles without a flasher and OFW 4.30?

Sponsored Links
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News