Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just gonna mention here that since all recent 4.21-4.30 CFW have been resigned with 3.55 keys that little things like a simple coldboot change can be done though PS3MFW Builder

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm not technodon but what the heck, I feel like giving my opinion on this. I'd say this 4.30 CFW adds nothing new compared to both E3's and Rogero's. While he could be a legit dev, there is always a chance that this CFW isn't actually his, perhaps he just took some other 4.30 CFW and made a custom coldboot, I've already seen a fake dev doing that, but with a new default theme instead of custom coldboot.

With that being said, convincing him to make this open source would be good for us and even for him, as It would be a way for him to show he's indeed the real thing.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I agree

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    since all 4.30cfw has the same glitches and bugs regardless of rogero e3 or emac , I assume they are all taken from the same base and they are all just the same firmware in different skins (coldboots).

doesn't install on 4.30 ofw confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Luci ferson View Post
    since all 4.30cfw has the same glitches and bugs regardless of rogero e3 or emac , I assume they are all taken from the same base and they are all just the same firmware in different skins (coldboots).
    nope if you want to know the answer to that ask Deank as he had to add separate options for either/or CFW so yea/no they are not exactly the same
    Last edited by bitsbubba; 11-01-2012 at 03:00 AM

Arrow

OK I received a brief update from HDMadness stating he will release a new version tomorrow (later today I imagine) that includes the XMB bug fix and also the PS Home aka Demo Mode bug (which exists because all PS3 4.30 CFW's use some icons from Kiosk FW for stability purposes) fix.

According to him the Rogero 4.30 also shares the same bug, and the work-around for it also works with PS3 ErmaC 4.30 CFW but he is working on fixing it and replacing the icons with the proper ones without breaking stability for a future version as well.

He also stated that Rogero's has a few issues not present in ErmaC... one being that the lv0 chain is broken (possibly by taking pieces of E3 CFW) which results in the incapacity of formatting the PS3 HDD using his CFW, noting that if you do it using a NOR PS3 you'll end up with a semi-brick.

Finally, I asked him if he can include a changelog with his next release so we can see what the changes are and so on, this way testers can confirm what is added, fixed, new etc.

As mentioned previously, it will be great if we have more choices than only E3 and Rogero CFW as options... especially as HDMadness seems willing to work with the community here at PS3 News using our feedback and so on to improve it.

Wow, perhaps he's the real deal then. While I preffer to stay on 3.55.2 Rebug, I like testing those 3.55+ CFWs, so I might give his fixed version a try.

today i'm gonna have a e3 flasher installed, so i will try installing it tomorrow i think!

Banned User
    i have a slim nor ps3 , when trying to downgrade from e3.4.30cfw and go to rogero 4.30cfw i successfully got into kmeawe 3.55 but coudnt toggle QA. No rogero FW was recognizable and the ps3 crashed everytime i tries to run toggle QA i put E3 4.30cfw back in and although successful my internal 500gb hd was corrupt.

i formatted it and reinstalled e3 4.30cfw apparantly successfully. it played a few games then i went to watch a movie when i returned, my ext. 1tb hardrive (games) no longer had a MBR the disk was unrecognizable and when putting it in pc it detects as unformatted unpartitioned raw.

my question is : does my deleted mbr (failed disk) have anything to do with HDMadness statement of "Rogero's has a few issues not present in ErmaC... one being that the lv0 chain is broken (possibly by taking pieces of E3 CFW) which results in the incapacity of formatting the PS3 HDD using his CFW, noting that if you do it using a NOR PS3 you'll end up with a semi-brick."

the hardrive is physically working as i am currently using data recovery software on it and no problems have been detected with the drive other than missing MBR. the last thing accessing the HD was obviously the e3 cfw which he hints at containing errors leading to broken LV0 chain.

if this broken LV0 chain could be responsible for the missing MBR then anyone using slim nor ps3 could be at risk of corrupt hardrives, int/ext if using either of the rogero or e3 cfws. Hopefully its not possible and it was just coincidental HD failure. but if not theres an awful lot of ps3s out there running these cfws, and formatting hd is not the only time a ps3 writes to the HardDrives, eg multiman BDMirror etc they would all be using this broken LV0 chain.

i'll be trying this new version of ErmaC as soon as he releases it i think.

P.S. any noobs reading this please don't go getting worried about your CFW or HDs , i'm a total noob too, and my hd failure is probably totally unrelated. i am only asking out of curiosity and just in case it is the case. I have heard of no other cases of this, and although i could be just the first , its probably unlikely or even impossible.
    Last edited by G Sus; 11-01-2012 at 08:02 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News