Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Functionality, compatibility and a all round stable bug free firmware would be fantastic round about now, guess with time that will happen eventually. Off course referring to recent 4.XX CFW releases only. ErmaC in my opinion should be a definite test for guys with flashers and some feedback on tests carried out would be phenomenal to the community. Results in order to measure the various flavors available.

As a mere end user to all that is available on the scene a BIG SHOUT OUT to all Developers and constructive contributors that make this all possible for guys like me. It is most truly appreciated by me and most others I'm sure!

Any "flasher" owners want to give this a go?

To be honest probably even if it works this is pointless due to this

"*You need to be on 3.55 cfw or ofw to install this CFW. Use exactly the same precautions on upgrading/downgrading used on other CFWs to avoid any complication. Enjoy!"

about 80% of people probably have ps3 on 4.21, 4.25, 4.30 so please can they make an update for people on 4.25, 4.30 already? thanks for the hard work and keep at it!

Arrow

I have updated the first post with a video of it in action now.

If anyone with a flasher can test and confirm it for us we will mainpage it as well. Thanks!

It might be useless for you, but not for others. There are lots of people on 3.55 or 3.55+ that are willing to downgrade and want a 3.55+ CFW. I already explained in another thread why we might never get to install those CFW on 3.55+ OFW.

i will test it, i was going to test it earlier but i decided not to bother cause its probably just rogero with a custom colboot

OK sounds like a plan, +Rep and THANKS for being the "guinea pig" and taking one for the team technodon!

Hey technodon good luck with the test if it results in any bricks please get back here. And yea as harryjo20 says it might just probably be a modified version of rogero's CFW with a custom cold boot, and probably was built with the MFW builder.

Cool

it installed fine, it has a custom boot logo with original ps3 sound. i attached a picture below. also has the ingame xmb bug which the non patched rogero and e3 firmware has. which can be fixed by modding dev_flash. you cant select playstation home either. i'm currently using the e3 custom firmware and the old multiman cause non of my backup would load and just hang on a black screen. so like i said probably just the e3 firmware with a custom coldboot
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Thanks for testing it techno. Think I will stick with rogero. BTW what a dumb coldboot.

OK thanks for the feedback thus far technodon, now comes a few questions if ya don't mind:

1) Assuming he updates the non-patched Rogero/E3 bugs as you suggested, does this mean it would be a valid 4.30 alternative that can be added to the 4.30 list with the other two... Any other serious issues with it?

The reason I ask is because if it's legit it's great to see a developer who is willing to work with the PS3 News community, as Rogero usually hangs around the Cove vs here and E3 is well, commercial, so they are really only pseudo PS3 scene developers out primarily for profit.

2) If this 4.30 is indeed valid, is it safe to assume HDMadness has the 4.3 keys then? I assume if he does, odds are like Some and other PS3 developers he can obtain newer ones (4.31, etc) using the method afiser mentioned: "This is as simple as putting the bootldr keys (what you all call the lv0 keys released last week) in the scetool data/keys file and running scetool.exe -d lv0 lv0.elf"

3) If #2 is a Yes, then is it worth trying to convince HDMadness to make this PS3 ErmaC 4.30 CFW v1.0 open source and/or releasing keys which can be used for PS3 MFW Builder scripts to keep the scene free and open vs closed where only a few developers are making CFW and if they don't feel like adding a feature the end-users are SOL basically?

Thanks again for your replies and +Rep!

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast