Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sohail579 View Post
    please can anyone help me with the above questions??
    1. Yes, it's worth the upgrade if you don't want to manually patch EBOOTs for newer releases to work.
    2. The QA features include enhanced debugging that can be helpful if you run into f/w issues.
    3. If you brick your PS3, a NAND/NOR (depending on your console) backup (can be done in MultiMan) will allow you the ability to bring it back to life.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks for the info.. I don't recon i need to use QA but i think i will go find how to back up my NAND/NOR thanks for the info

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ok, dehashed, dumped NOR/NAND, checked MD5, enabled qa-toggle. anything i'm forgetting before updating? (and yes i know to update from recovery)

YES! Successfully updated from 3.55 Kmeaw.
    Last edited by SeraphinEveles; 11-21-2012 at 12:17 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey so i'm running on 4.30 should i update to 4.31? or will there be a better chance that a cfw to host challenge lobby online will be on 4.30 ?

4.31 is optional not mandatory for access

so, everything seems to be working fine for me, except for some reason, games will not stay in category view. any time i play a game, enter/exit multiman etc it resets to the default view

haven't messed with cfw for some time. just updated from kmeaw 3.55 to ermac 4.30 1.4. did qa toggle to recovery to update. it seems nothing will boot exept multiman. also ps3 freezes when loading a game or returning to xmb. not sure if i updated wrong or something else is up.

can some one please help me i want to back up my nand/nor i have a ps3 slim 3.55kmeaw and multiman version 02.00.01 installed can this be done or do i need to install a newer multiman?

also what would be better this firmware or the Rogero?

couple of things. first, yes, i would get at least v4.xx of multiman. second, make sure you make 3-4 NAND/NOR dumps, and verify file sizes (tuck it away on your pc HDD after).

next, this guide should help with qa_toggle and dehashing (recommended)

3rd, from what i've been told, DO NOT have a disc in the system when trying to update the firmware, since it will wanna pul the firmware from the disc first (don't know if it holds true or not though, but better safe than sorry) and last, make sure you install from recovery mode.

I've been using Ermac for a few days now, and everything seems to be running smooth. On a side note, is sony still dropping the ban hammer on people with 4.30CFW?

oh, i almost forgot. to make a NAND/NOR backup, go to mmOS, select any file, then hit (start? whatever it is for the hex viewer, it says at the bottom), select no twice, and then yes to backup FLASH.

wow thanks for the indepth answer.. cant thank you enough.. i followed the link you sent but it says i need to dehash and use QA if i downgraded but i have never been above 3.55 do i still need to do it?

also do you have a link for the new multiman for 3.55kmeaw?

thanks again

Sponsored Links

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News