Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Easy Spoof TCL Mod and Advanced Mode CFW Patch Arrives

Sponsored Links
    Today an anonymous author has released an Easy Spoof TCL Mod 6.66 to 9.90 for use with PS3 MFW Builder and also a PS3 Advanced Mode Patch for PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware users on Rebug PS3 CFW v3.55.1 followed by a PS3 Firmware v3.66 Spoof Plug-In for MFW Builder via French site [Register or Login to view links].

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Those using the PS3 Easy Spoof TCL Mod 6.66 to 9.90 should be aware that it will only spoof the PS3 Firmware version number, meaning while it will prevent the PS3 from updating it won't allow PSN access or running newer PlayStation 3 titles and the risk of not being able to downgrade or update your console again is always present when using such applications.

Shortly following, PS3 hacker Cyberskunk shared a fixed version (above) adding the following: The first version was buggy, and did not run correctly. Our thanks to unknown for quickly fixing the problem!

Easy Spoof version to apply into a new CFW based on OFW for PS3mfw builder.
    • Included spoof version; 3.15 to 3.65 and 6.66/9.90 if you need it.
    • Fixed: Sorry for the inconvenience, I forgot to edit another name from the command line, lol, ... now work!

Advanced Mode = 2 x Debug Menu 2, No Debug Menu 1, No NORMAL Mode (Forces you to use Recovery Mode to install any other OFW/CFW).

Finally, the PS3 Advanced Mode Patch enables a Debug menu similar to the QA Flag one for PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware users with features detailed below, to quote:

BSPatch to apply on Untouched Original CFW REBUG 3.55.1 which enables advanced mode
    • Debug Settings: MENU 2 (DEX)
    • Fixed black screens in game boot, including originals BD games from Official CFW Version
    • New user icons
    • HeavyRain theme installed
    • NO LV1 patch’s for OtherOS++ support because this cause Trophy errors
    • Spoof Version 3.61 from dev_blind package
    • (and more, hint hint)

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just a neat question, if I install 9.90 spoof, will it be possible to install 3.60 or any later FW?

I'm not speculating on any 3.60+ CFW, no-no-no, I'm just trying to guess, wouldn't this abnormal high spoof keep you from installling your normal FW later on.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That it may indeed, which is why I wrote "the risk of not being able to downgrade or update your console again is always present when using such applications" above. I don't use any of this spoof stuff though, if anyone does give it a try feel free to report back your results.

You'd have to use the downgrade process I guess since it will keep saying a newer version is already installed.

so you would downgrade to-3.50 then upgrade?

well in theory no it's just during the downgrade process the firmware currently on the PS3 is irrelevant so you could "downgrade" from 3.55 with a 9.99 spoof to 3.60 or any other viable firmware. I'm not sure though I don't use spoofers or anything but if downgrading allows you to install any firmware version then in theory it should work.

can i use this for 3.55 kmeaw? and is this working for 3.6x games without any fix?

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyselo View Post
    can i use this for 3.55 kmeaw? and is this working for 3.6x games without any fix?
    yes you can play all the newest games until firmware 9.99 with this.. but barry do you think it would be able to "downgrade" to a higher actual fw with the spoofer.. will be interesting to see what actually happens.. reminds me of y2k bug.. LOL

oh and you cant actually play 3.60 games just with the spoofer obviously.. read the "news post" it tells you that there.. LOL
    Last edited by elser1; 06-10-2011 at 08:58 AM

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyselo View Post
    No, like it says in the original post.

anyone know what the other features (hint hint) are.. kool if it was actually the qa flag options.. lol

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News