Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, it does jack. It does limit your debug options, if youre into that sort of thing. This is just a way over the top fix, to disable updating.

Just keep your regular ReBug, and unplug or turn off the lan. Or tell people to just not mess with your ps3.

If you had to change a tire on your car, would you take off the fender? If your an idiot i guess.

This is just about the most messed thing you could do to downloaders. Give them a "hint hint" so they think it is worth the time it takes to download. Why not give them a piece of toilet paper, and say, here's a special napkin, hint hint.

People would do better spending their time, picking their nose, or staring at the wall.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAntiMatter View Post
    Good luck with step 1... If we could magically make the PS3 think an old firmware was a newer one, well, we could downgrade whenever we liked and then we wouldn't even need step 2 would we? I think this program lets us change the version that 3.55 appears to think itself is, not what 3.6x thinks the update is. Besides, 3.6x would not accept the old keys.

Damn Sony. I want to play online, but I can't because then I lose the ability to have the hack thing which I barely use anyway.
    Really? I know Sony fixed the chain of trust issues in 3.56 (LV1, and LV2 are gone basically), and they added new keys for eboot.bin files in 3.60 for games, but as far as I know of they didn't fix the signing issue with PUP files or modified firmware.

Maybe I should ask the question differently. What checks in the PS3 would prevent a simple modification the version to original firmware 3.55 from installing?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    LOL thanks. Really needed this!

Quote Originally Posted by FuDang View Post
    Yep, it does jack. It does limit your debug options, if youre into that sort of thing. This is just a way over the top fix, to disable updating.

Just keep your regular ReBug, and unplug or turn off the lan. Or tell people to just not mess with your ps3.

If you had to change a tire on your car, would you take off the fender? If your an idiot i guess.

This is just about the most messed thing you could do to downloaders. Give them a "hint hint" so they think it is worth the time it takes to download. Why not give them a piece of toilet paper, and say, here's a special napkin, hint hint.

People would do better spending their time, picking their nose, or staring at the wall.
    this patch fixes the BSG issue, and installs privacy patch (DNS Error, hint hint) on the downside it eliminates DEX menu 1 & the spoof is only for 3.61 (which is now useless since 3.65's release) if you have a problem w/ it wait for the official update from Team REBUG.

Edit: nobody held a gun to your head and told you to d/l it.
    Last edited by bitsbubba; 06-12-2011 at 03:50 AM

Red Face

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum. I heard a lot of it so joined it. I just got my PS3. It has MultiMan Installed, Firmware version is 3.55..
    I am a noob in PS3 right now. I beg you, please tell me what this spoofing means and is there any way to go online using spoofs with original dvds?

Quote Originally Posted by FuDang View Post

LOL Funny you should say that.. Only yesterday i found myself picking my nose, while staring at the wall, trying to figure out how to remove my fenders so i could change tires and drive to the shop to buy some special napkins.. But seriously can anyone answer what the(hint hint)other features are? are they even there? why can't anyone actually seem to list them?

I don't need a spoof anyways LOLmy jb ps3 isn't connectable to net.. what has this even got to do with QA Flag menu? also you can't play burnt bd disc games on ps3 at all.. but might be able to if your ps3 has been QA Flagged? correct?

as of currently there is no way to go online w/ CFW.

Okay! So what is the advantage of spoofing? I can play all games well right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ckharit View Post
    I beg you, please tell me what this spoofing means and is there any way to go online using spoofs with original dvds?
    In regards to this thread topic, spoofing is referring to tricking the PS3 into thinking it's on a higher Firmware version than it really is... the purpose being to prevent it from being updated to a newer one and locking out the ability to JailBreak or run PS3 homebrew on it.

Currently spoofing cannot be used online to trick the PSN servers into thinking the PS3 is on a higher PlayStation 3 Firmware though.

Quote Originally Posted by ckharit View Post
    Okay! So what is the advantage of spoofing? I can play all games well right now.
    prevent ACCIDENTAL updating.

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News