Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

No thats the thing! It wasnt! my usb was clean and nothing else was on it except the so called advanced pup. Recovery did something to the pup. I dont know really but it was not 3.60.

so how was there 3.60 physically linked to your ps3.. in a usb?new disc game? had to be there somewhere or it isn't possible..

bitsbubba what are the (hint hint) other features in the adv menu?can you maybe list what is there please.

are your ps3 into net connected or something.. it would have been spoof 3.60 anyway.. seems strange.. sorry this happened to you mate..
    just enjoy psn.. get on to get your welcome back pkg.. LOL
    Last edited by elser1; 06-10-2011 at 09:55 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just figured it out... FREAKING PORTAL WAS IN MY SYSTEM AT THE TIME!

Well, I guess that solves it... time to play the waiting game for 3.60 mfw I guess... sigh.
    Last edited by SixShooter; 06-10-2011 at 09:57 AM

how kool is portal though... brilliant game.. enjoy.

I am only getting spoofed to 3.60, and i get DNS error if i try to sign in, test net, or anything other than using the web browser.

Also, debug settings wont stay if they are changed, other than the ones that are typed in. So what's this patch do? Other than Fix Black Screens, limit your debug options, and give you DNS error?

Is the "(and more, hint hint)" a bad, or good thing? cuz i can't find anything more. i was hoping for maybe 3.6 passphrase or something cool, but with the DNS error, i can't even check with charles. Is the patch useless if i was wanting something that does anything useful?

All checksums were good. Ive even installed fresh OFW 355, then reinstalled this, and its the same deal.

So what exactly does this do ?

Question

so will sniper ghost warrior work on this because it has 3.60 keys and alice madness? i'm running 3.55 kmeaw.

To answer from the first post: "it will only spoof the PS3 Firmware version number... it won't allow PSN access or running newer PlayStation 3 titles" so nah, all it does is prevent the PS3 Firmware from being updated (for example, if you have a friend over and they try to update it and so on).

As for getting newer games to work, only update patches (when released) or a new PS3 hack will help with them.

OK I have to ask some silly questions. Just go with me on this one. Does this spoof really allow you to say downgrade to 3.55 by updating to say a 3.90 firmware (which is really just 3.55 modified so that it thinks its 3.90)?

If so what is to prevent someone from doing the following?

1. Downgrade to a 3.55 firmware by making the PS3 think it's a 3.90 update.
    2. Set the QA Flag to allow firmware downgrading
    3. Upgrade to an official firmware 3.61/3.65 for PSN access, downgrading for CFW uses. I suppose you could burn BD-R's to use on OFW 3.61 if you didn't want to switch back and forth.

It still not CFW 3.61 but it's defiantly one step closer.

Good luck with step 1... If we could magically make the PS3 think an old firmware was a newer one, well, we could downgrade whenever we liked and then we wouldn't even need step 2 would we? I think this program lets us change the version that 3.55 appears to think itself is, not what 3.6x thinks the update is. Besides, 3.6x would not accept the old keys.

Damn Sony. I want to play online, but I can't because then I lose the ability to have the hack thing which I barely use anyway.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast