Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

With full HV access, I can't wait until accelerated OpenGL drivers or such take advantage of it within Linux. This would bring more gaming opportunities and other media center choices.

PS3
    It only does everything thanks to hackers!

Confused dual boot linux hv question

I'm gonna install it anyway, and so what i can do with it but with the access to the hv, will it be possible to use appldr such as re-create grafs npdrm payload in an application format and run it completely through the ps3 or can we only monitor the hv through linux??

cheers in advance.

Question

man with this can i play the new games that need 3.60 ?

no

Really nice to see an integrated CFW/Linux solution

Quote Originally Posted by Fatality View Post
    man with this can i play the new games that need 3.60 ?
    Haha it was only a matter of time before someone asked! Nowhere does it say anything about 3.60 FW, so why ask?

When (more likely IF) something comes out which allows you to play 3.60 encrypted games, then the main headline of the story isn't going to say "Dual boot GameOS / Linux CFW".
    Last edited by saviour07; 05-04-2011 at 07:24 PM

Red Face

for complete newcomers to the ps3 linux world, is there any guide that can go through this process step by step? i would love to know how to install the hombrew on to my ps3 to where i can play all these amazing emulators ex project 64, and atari especially with the recent other os++ update. thanks.

Question

can we run a PS1 emulator from linux on the ps3?

great to see this... but i must wait till i get some conformation that it doesn't hurt my baby...

Amazing work! Not only do we have the ability to install Linux again, its outside GameOS with full hardware access. This is better than the feature Sony stole from me after I had purchased my PS3! Now we can compile, package, and sign directly on our PS3. And while in Linux we can directly download, no need to start up an FTP server and transfer from PC...

Quick question - How do I know if my system uses VFLASH or NAND? It appears that if my system has NAND then I will have to wait a little longer. I could have sworn I saw a VFLASH partition in one of the emulators (not near my PS3 right now) but I would like a more definitive way of knowing just to be sure. I have a launch 60GB PS3.

So Sony, after all the bad publicity, the attacks, the fact that people are still running what they want, Linux back on the PS3, the lawsuits, etc., was removing the OtherOS option from systems that were already sold worth it?

My PS3 will never connect to PSN again, and will never be able to play newer PS3 games, and I'm fine with that. It will now serve a different purpose in my living room. As a huge Sony supporter in the past (I did pay $600 dollars for this thing), I'm someone who has never pirated a game (knowing that I could easily), purchased over 60 games new (not used), and spent thousands of dollars on the PSN. Your actions have shown me you don't want my business anymore. OK with me, I'll take my money elsewhere.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis View Post
    Quick question - How do I know if my system uses VFLASH or NAND? It appears that if my system has NAND then I will have to wait a little longer. I could have sworn I saw a VFLASH partition in one of the emulators (not near my PS3 right now) but I would like a more definitive way of knowing just to be sure. I have a launch 60GB PS3.
    This list is from a previous CFW release, which still applies pretty much... no VFLASH on 256MB NAND units:

PS3 Fat:
    CECHA = 256MB
    CECHB = 256MB
    CECHC = 256MB
    CECHE = 256MB
    CECHG = 256MB
    CECHH = 16MB
    CECHJ = 16MB
    CECHK = 16MB
    CECHL = 16MB
    CECHM = 16MB
    CECHP = 16MB