Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks for the info

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok, what do we need to make a new cfw? One that can be installed on OFW and not cfw or OFW 3.55.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sguerrini97 View Post
    Also boot_otheros flag isn't working here. With boot_otheros flag the PS3 make some beeps and then the led becomes red but the console is still power on with a black screen. To power it off I had to held the power button. The only way I found to enter petitboot is to boot into recovery menu (after install_otheros)
    when you have everything required for OtherOS, already installed (OtherOS working setup before update to 4.31CFW ) simply use Rebug's latest Toolbox, make sure you can boot into "Petitboot" before using the option! ..then run Toolbox, choose "Boot OtherOS" option with all "lv1" patches enabled = reboot into OtherOS -- RedRibbon

I came back to Rebug 4.30.1, I'm waiting for new version of this firmware. Thanks anyway

PS1 games now work with Update 6 / CORE 2.7.1 and mM! ReActPSN also works with the latest update. The boot_otheros flag gives me the same issue so Rebug tool box or going into recovery mode is how I get to Red Ribbon. This CFW searches for CORE (cellftp.self) on boot and it can be deactivated with sys_init_osd.self (it fixes some type of issue with "los mandos", and maybe speed up boot time as well).

It's a good WIP and CORE offers great external capability to CFW. I'm sticking with Rogero CFW and I'll just keep testing this as it develops.

[UPDATE 6] CORE 2.7.1.rar (4.94 MB) Mirror: [Register or Login to view links]

Thanks for the update DEUSC2D and +Rep, I have now added Update 6 and the download to our main article as well.

i have a question... im running rogero 4.30 but if i start deadspace3 via multiman... theres a messeage this games needs 4.31.... then multiman fixex the eboot and it works... but if i try from iris it doesnt work...when i use this cfw is the problem solved then? why dont rogero and rebug make a 4.31 cfw??? a real one not spoofed..?

can some one pls give a explanatation what this core thing exactly is?? i dont get it??? and pls somebody make or give me a tut how to install other os and how to use this core stuff... i want to use this cfw with otherOS...

is it possible to have a start up screen where u can choose between linux(/otheros) and xmb?? i think i saw this a couple years ago i really would like to use it like this...

thx
    Last edited by seeman; 02-03-2013 at 12:02 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi, multiMAN fixes games made for 4.31 to run on lower CFW. This CFW is true 4.31 so no game fixes are needed. Rogero and Rebug team will make what they want when they want to. We can only be grateful that they continue to support the scene!

CORE allows you to run flag,self, etc in real time. There is no need to install a new .PUP each time you update/fix or wish to do something specific (simple explanation). If you do not use Linux then there no point in using otherOS++. Petitboot runs on your nand/nor and you must flash it to get rid of Petitboot. The dev for this CFW made instructions on how to get Petitboot installed below with this CFW. Thank you too, PS3 News, seeman, sguerrini97, windrider42.

How to install otherOS++ on MiralaTijera CFW 4.31:

1) Start core only with setup_flash_for_otheros put it in flag folder(delete anything else), when you hear a double beep means that’s the process went well. If you don’t listened nothing = check log.

2) Reboot then put dtbImage.ps3.bin (the one who corresponds to your CONSOLE)

If it's Nand = dtbImage.ps3.bin.nand = minmal
    If it's NOR = dtbImage.ps3.bin.nor

You have to rename it to = dtbImage.ps3.bin and paste it on the your pendrive root in put install_otheros flag in the flag folder (delete anything else).

3) This will boot up and you will hear 2 beeps, if you don’t listened. Again, check the log. Something failed.

4) Once we done this, shutdown your PS3 and use boot_otheros flag (or use rebug toolbox). On boot you will see petitboot on your screen.

what does bd emu on MiralaTijera CFW 4.31 means? does it there to only for install cfw or also to play games diskless with pendrive... thanks...

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News