Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

PS3 CFW 3.55 PS3ITA Custom Firmware Offers Full PSN Access

Today Italian PS3 site PS3ITA (linked above) have released a PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware - Rancid CFW 3.55 allowing full PSN access without requiring users to run a program via PC.

Download: PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Mirror #1) / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Mirror #2) / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Mirror #3) / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Mirror #4) / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Mirror #5) / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Mirror #6) / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Mirror #7) / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Mirror #8) / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Mirror #9) / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Mirror #10) / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Mirror #11) / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Mirror #12) / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Mirror #13) / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Mirror #14) / PS3 CFW 3.55 by PS3ITA (Patch Diff)

From their site, roughly translated: We were waiting for new online game about developments on custom firmware (see kmeaw, geohot and others)

When one of the brightest minds of our team has produced what we call might, the fastest possible access for the PSN.

The firmware is based on Kmeaw's custom firmware, which were added to 2 small patches which allow access to the PSN!

Access is fast, no PC is needed to serve as a "bridge" and then programs like FckPsn or charles, skipping the check of the model (debug, retail, reftool, etc..) And setting of the PS3 fw at 3.56.. (Not in the XMB)

Here is the link of the guide: http://www.ps3ita.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3819

Of course the risk is still high and BAN of Being a CFW, PS3ITA assumes no responsibility for any brick during installation.

PS3 CFW 3.55 PS3ITA Custom Firmware Offers Full PSN Access

More PlayStation 3 News...

Thumbs Up fantastic!!!

Many thanks for this great news!!

Sorry for my eng.

LuC-iTA

Thanks for the news Ecniv and +Rep. A lot of others posted this in every section but the Member News one where all incoming news belongs, so they were all -Rep'd and their posts and replies were deleted.

It's right at the top of the Forums here, has been this way for months and is self-explanatory, so not sure why some people are too clueless to know where to submit news.

From what I hear $ony is releasing 3.60 today or tomorrow which may make this cfw useless.

so we don't need fckpsn for now?

Quote Originally Posted by DMagic1 View Post
    From what I hear $ony is releasing 3.60 today or tomorrow which may make this cfw useless.
    Why should it be useless if it is possible with 3.56 why not 3.60, plus it`s not very probable that Sony changes their firmware update within 24 hours before launch is it??

Quote Originally Posted by Ecniv View Post
    Why should it be useless if it is possible with 3.56 why not 3.60, plus it`s not very probable that Sony changes their firmware update within 24 hours before launch is it??
    My point was that you would need another updated cfw for it to work on 3.60.

"To quote: We’ve got an exciting new feature coming exclusively to PlayStation Plus subscribers. Included in the system software update (v3.60) coming tomorrow to PS3"
    So it seems 3.60 will hit tomorrow.
    Last edited by DMagic1; 03-09-2011 at 08:20 PM

I guess we will need to wait a few days and see what happens with 3.60. As of now you do not need any of this (this firmware or fckPsn) since just the 3.56 spoofer is letting me online without running fckpsn.

Looks like security is down for now with the new update rolling out. I bet the dns trick is working again as well.

So has anyone installed this? Wonder what the brick ratio is with it... Too scared to try it myself lol... FckPSn will do for now...

This is great that new cfw's are coming out, but for me personally I wouldn't want to risk banning a console without waiting for results with other people.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast