Running CECHE01, backwards compatible 80gig with geohot`s 3.55 CFW. (With no blueray drive or BD key on the board) Didn't even revert to a sony OFW, Just directly installed from Geohot`s firmware via the XMB system tab.
First part of the install went just fine, Then it rebooted and said "Checking for updated -press circle to cancel"
Then it found it, Started updating, then stopped at 75% with the error "8002F14E" and said "The system will now restart and try to update again" But. Each time its reset itself so far, its just stopped at 75 or 76%
On the third time it says - Suggested actions: Press the power button on the front of the system until the system beeps, next unplug the ac power cord from the electrical outlet, after a few minutes, restart the system, the update will resume automaticly when the system is restarted, if the update fails again, wrote down the error code and contact technical support.
So after that, Tried to hitup the recovery menu, And it immideately went back to system update, ignoring the menu completely.
Which of course, The update failed again at 75, just before hitting 76. So I decided to follow the instructions it listed with unplugging and waiting and blablabla, updating updating updating. Finally at 75% again, and what happens....? Blamo! No success.
Even tried cutting the update somewhere midway with the switch on the back or doing something to possiablly force it into the recovery menu, but with no luck. Suppose this is one less PS3 for sony to have to worry about getting on their networks.
Sucks too. Just copied a lot of anime over to the HDD.
Edit: Okay, Now I am REALLY confused. Started the update process, Removed the HDD at 10%, then instead of giving an error. it gets all the way up to 82%, Then it freezes. I plug the HDD back in, and it goes "DERP!" and reboots again.
So... Next I remove the HDD at 70% installed. And it freezes at 76 till I put it in. THEN I just turn it on, and I have the harddrive out of it, and im sitting there, peel off the "QA PASSED" and the "SERIAL" and "HDD" stickers off of the case and im going "Hm, I guess I could always scrap out the parts like the fan, memory ports, usbs, ect and do something with them"
Then while im sitting there, its on for a good 10 minutes, then next thing I know. It loads up the PS3`s startup screen, Only to tell me the HDD couldnt be found.
So. I reboot, it does it again, but this time just as its rebooting, I reconnect the hdd. Which of course, Also failed. Then I rebooted again, starting it up WITH the hdd in, And sure enough it tries to update again... And fails again.
I'm certain now if I either time the HDD insersting properly, or find a way to format the hdd (Don't have a docker or a laptop) or just put a temp hdd in. that I can get the console going again. I'll figure something out then hit the thread back up just incase someone else encounters this problem.