Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can this run full PSN games installed from the "Install Package Files" menu? Because if it can it would be pretty cool.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So uh.. I'm at OFW 3.66, i can't install this?

Is there any hope for me and all the other ppl that has 3.56+ fw without any chance of downgrade?

Damn i hope someone really has the guts and the intelligence to get over sony 3.56+ keys someday =/

Sponsored Links

Confused

Sponsored Links
    Where is the download link?

I don't think so since it says "intended for installation on PS3 3.55 Retail consoles" on the front page. But we'll have to wait and see what technodon says.

Download link is in the front page - here ([Register or Login to view links]) it is in case you missed it.

you maybe could install it, i'm not sure i only tested it on 3.55 but it was based on a 4.10 official firmware with kiosk 4.10 dev_flash built with PS3MFW builder i'm not sure how it packs the pups if it signs them for 3.55 then it definitely won't work and would say corrupt data.

however if it does work then you will be stuck on this custom firmware in kiosk mode which will be ok as long as you didn't update to 4.11 or next update that gets released it would be best to wait for me to re-pack a new pup that would put your console back into retail mode. if you get me?

Okay technodon, thanks for the quick reply . I'm thankful of your work, makes me keep my hopes high.

Keep up the good work, and i hope somebody gets the keys to make your work even better.

can i update to this i'm on ofw 4.11, thru service menu ?? and good job its nice to have Install Package mod.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyManHRU View Post
    Yeah, he says "Modified to allow installation of retail signed packages" so it should be able to install.
    I was asking if just retail would install.

is that really 4.10 jb?

i'm on 4.10 and its i can't find any jb
    Last edited by isabashir123; 02-18-2012 at 09:34 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Okay I've patched this MFW how Technodon asked. It can load the XMB Manager from usb. You can download the patched pup here: [Register or Login to view links].

You can download the XMBM+ for 4.10FWs here: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/p...w-app-arrives/

This works differently to the usb XML loading system used in my 4.00HFW v3. It instead uses the system implemented for development use of the XMBM+ v0.10 (USB loading was not an intended for public release). It supports loading from dev_usb000, dev_usb001 and dev_usb006 (these were the decided set of supported USB ports). So here are some instructions on how to use it:

1. Install technodon's pup patched for usb loading.
    2. Download the XMBM+ v0.10 (linked above) and extract the contents to the root of the usb drive.
    3. Plug in the USB drive in one of the USB ports listed above, this should cover most of the slim and fat models' USB ports. If you are not sure what usb ports your PS3 uses, just use the right most one as that is dev_usb000 on every PS3 model.
    4. Keep the USB drive plugged in at all times, as the XMB will call upon the USB for resources like images and other XML files.

Note: Switching USB ports while the PS3 is at the XMB will break the XMBM+ causing sub-items and images not to show. This is because when the XMB initially loads the game_main.xml to the ram, it uses a specific part of that xml file depending on which port the USB drive is plugged in. So it knows which usb device to search when requiring other xml files or images.

You may ask, why not have it search every USB device in every XML file so the is no compatiblity problems. You can do this but, having the XMB search for content on every possible USB port slows down the loading time of the XMB dramatically. Having the XMB search only 3 devices once has no noticeable affect on the XMB loading time.

FYI this version of the XMBM+ is same version I have made in preparation for my 4.10HFW release.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News