Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    It's safe to say the chance of bricking is always there, and the date on the file is from May 17 so odds are if it was legit it'd have been reported by now as it's now a month later, eh?
    Very true. I don't know if i'm gonna boot it up, but i'll definitely see if it registers in the menu.

Edit: No applicable update data found. I'm thinking to myself "dare I risk recovery mode"?

Anyone compared the checksums yet?
    Last edited by lolwaow; 06-20-2011 at 05:01 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    have you had a look inside this update.pup lol waow? try using PS3 Multi Tool to look at its vision and build number for quickness.

No applicable update data found can also sometime happens when the ps3 gets it usb knickers in a twist, not because the pup is no good, put the usb in the ps3 go to the game utility to do with your game save and PS/ps2 and pop in and out of the menus until you see the clock hands spin, then try again. this does work sometimes for me when the usb is not recognized.

Or put usb stick in pc mount then unmount and try again.
    Last edited by daveshooter; 06-20-2011 at 05:14 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Eh, I'm gonna go with fake. Most of the PS3 hackers like the e-fame, I doubt they would release something in May and we just find it now.

Do like daveshooter says and take a look at the PUP before trying to force it into your console.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hmm no go, can recovery menu system updates be aborted? if so i'll try it that way.

Edit: which version of ps3 multitools would i use? It comes up as unknown file in 0.2, but that could be because of the new encryption keys.

Edit2: Okay, the .pup file is garbage, trying the .pup2 one.

Edit3: Yep. Both fake. It really blows that nobody is releasing the actual patch. 8 damn weeks crawling search engines and still nothing to prove for it. I must be getting old.
    Last edited by lolwaow; 06-20-2011 at 05:49 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If something gets released, it won't be hard to find. It will go viral in minutes and will be all over this site. Don't strain yourself looking, if it exists, it will come to you.

I'm not hedging my bets on it coming to me. To be honest it's turning into (something similar to) the 360 kernel patch scenario that blocked the king kong/jtag exploit.

I'm half tempted to start learning all this stuff from the ground up just to build my own.

Quote Originally Posted by lolwaow View Post
    I'm not hedging my bets on it coming to me. To be honest it's turning into (something similar to) the 360 kernel patch scenario that blocked the king kong/jtag exploit.

I'm half tempted to start learning all this stuff from the ground up just to build my own.
    There are a lot of people working on this, and if it gets done, we are in the right place to find out. But until then stay on 3.55 or below and enjoy all the other fruits of the ps3.

I fully agree about starting from the ground up. I had my 1st ps3 the same day I joined here and have fixed 7 ps3's now, and my test ps3 one gets bricked all the time when I'm test things.

Ah I already got sucked into 3.61, just bought a used console thinking "woooo! gonna get 3.55 and rsx enabled linux", ended up realizing:

"Damn it. :|" lol

Still wishing i had my bc 60gb.

Because I get almost every one I know at some time ask me for help on some technical things, I reply by saying I am on the lookout for ps3's for spars. maybe you should try the same and get a stock in.

I now have 8 ps3's as from this afternoon with 2 more coming on Friday, 4 of them had broken BDVD drives 1 was bricked on 2.42 and 1 I swapped fully working bdvd as well, for a box 360 I fixed with the tea towel and a good clean. lol

Damn! Thanks for the tip, that's not a bad idea at all. lol

Much appreciated dude.

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News