Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    everyone on 3.60+ waiting for cfw may as well upgrade to the newest and play psn as you will not be able to load 3.60+cfw on a ps3 past 3.55.
    That's incorrect (and worst advice ever) on so many levels I don't even know where to start ...

1. Everyone following the scene at least a bit (or PSP in the past) would know that every OFW higher you'd install above the latest available CFW one will get you further and further from getting back to CFW (if not prohibit such option for ever).

2. You can't say what version of OFW could be used to install new CFW neither that you can't downgrade (as it was in early stages of 3.41 with JB dongles and downgrading from higher OFWs)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A question... if any person residing outside the U.S. (e.g. Spain) creates and distributes a new CFW, Sony can sue that person? What legal actions can be taken?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'd say Sony would do what they have to others (GeoHot, Graf_Chokolo, SKFU, etc) taking legal action until the developer ensures them they will stop hacking the PS3, and Sony will continue to send C&D orders to sites for getting the files removed.

The best thing to do would be to release such things anonymously versus for e-fame, this way the developers stay out of the spotlight and out of Sony's grasp, although most PS3 hackers tend to want the attention even if it comes with lawsuits.

Don't know why freenet is so unpopular, how can somebody not care about their privacy and freedom of speech. I know a lot of ppl use it for cp and what not but that's what real freedom is about.

Lightbulb

well if that is the case, can't we just extract the playstation x-platform-passphrase from official firmware 3.65 then we could modify the old 3.55 one using charles and log back into psn using custom firmware 3.55 and as a added bonus we dont have to re-sign all the hombrew apps again.

my idea was if we could some how embed the charles CA24.cer certificate into a official sony 3.65 firmware we could update the system, connect to charles and read the new playstation x-platform-passphrase key. then just modify the old 3.55 using charles and we would be back on psn using custom firmware 3.55. yeah?
    Last edited by technodon; 06-08-2011 at 09:55 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the video is fake or it looks fake as the camera switches at 5.04... so i say FAKE.

...waitin' 4 CFW 3.60...

...waitin' 4 CFW 3.60...

Its unlikely to happen. so don't hold ya breath m8.

nah i think in 1 month we will have cfw 3.60 even if we have 3.60 we can't go in psn so don't hurry.

The thing is any firmware realest after 3.55 will have a root-kit, like the 3.56 has. now if a CFW 3.60 did surface it would of been modified from a 3.60 OFW 1st, leaving the root-kit maybe?

Nobody in their right mind would install CFW above 3.55 like 3.60 unless you make it yourself and use 3.55 as your base.

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News