great work from mooses. it installed fine from 3.55 there is the xmb /app_home/PS3_GAME and a blank space where install package files should be. the XMB is really jumpy. homebrew does not work. so.. completely useless!
Last edited by technodon; 12-24-2011 at 05:34 PMReason: Automerged Doublepost
I am a person. A person which is releasing a firmware. A person which thinks that this firmware will help all those poor people in need of two icons (Install Package Files/apphome categories).
So I wanted to make firmware with MFW builder which adds two NEW ICONS TO 4.11 like NODEX had done! And so I made this I do not recommended to install it without E3 Flasher (During the flash may have problems). I also want to say, I did not test this, because I didn't feel like it. But if anyone has a PS3 lying around as a doorstep, go right ahead and try this out.
can be install from OFW 4.11!
added install package files/app_home categories
lv2 kernel patched successfully
no homebrew yet
lv1 hypervisor is not patched
no way to do stuff 3.55 CFW can do
no way to do anything
It's no for Debug Consoles only for Retail (Boo hoo)
1. Rename myuselessfirmware.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP
2. Put the update file in PS3/UPDATE/ on pendrive
3. You are ready to update!
WARNING: This firmware is mainly intended for those who want to stare at two icons all day and dream about how it would feel if the icons did something. I take no responsibility in any damage this does to your PS3, your house, or your family. By installing this, you are agreeing to major legal terms blah blah blah nodex blah blah blah
From Twitter (twitter.com/#!/NodexNL/status/189042607471607809): lv2 4.11 bare keys revealed - ctype, iv, key, priv, pub.
Another BS PS3 Jailbreak 4.11 (2012) CFW by qwertyu21ify:
How to jailbreak PS3 4.11
1. Download the jailbreak: [Register or Login to view links]
2. Download Awesome File Manager.pkg it's for managing files on your PS3 you can get it from here: [Register or Login to view links]
3. Download ftpserver_12.pkg it for getting PSN on PS3 when it's jailbrocken and you cant host lobbies in MW2 and MW3 you can get it from here: [Register or Login to view links]
4. Download multiMAN 04.02.00 this is the best of all the reason most people jailbreak on this you can download games, music, and movies online free and it compresses the game so you will have a lot of memory and it can play emulators from all old game all the way up to N64 and PS1and it looks awsome you can get it from here: [Register or Login to view links]
5. Unzip the rar/zip file you downloaded
6. Obtain your USB drive, plug it into your computer
7. Navigate on your computer Start/My Computer/USB DRIVE
8. Put Awesome File Manager, ftpserver_12.pkg, and multiMAN 04.02.00 in the root of USB
9. right click create a folder called PS3.
10. Inside PS3, right click, create a new folder called, UPDATE.
11. Transfer the PS3UPDAT.PUP inside PS3/UPDATE
12. Safely eject your USB drive, head over to your PS3, plug your USB into your PS3.
13. Turn on your PS3
14. Navigate to Settings/Update System
15. Press Update via Storage Device
17. Let the PS3 Install the CFW (Custom Firmware)
18. Your PS3 will turn off, beep 9 times, then turn on.
Congratulations Your Now Jailbroken on Firmware 4.11
Hope you all enjoy
Hope you truly enjoy your jailbreak on 4.11 Firmware! Brought to you by qwertyu21ify.
One last BS video from MrJailbreak619 via YouTube:
Here is my 4.11 Jailbreak in action.
As you can see and as i have said in the video, my next video will include me showing everyone how to install the Jailbreak on your PS3.
Some things you would like to know about the Jailbreak
What can you do with the Jailbreak?
1) Install Package Files,
2) Play Online
3) Play Backup Games Via MultiMan & Gaia (I do not condone piracy so please only play games you have already bought)
4) I have added a few extra things to the Music & Video functions but with the video functions you need to be online to do it as the added features i have made only allows them to work if your online
1) You can be on OFW 4.11 to install the Jailbreak, So everyone whos worrying that they accidently updated to 4.11 there's no need to worry okay guys.
2) My Jailbreak will be completely 100% FREE!!!, There are some sites out there advertising my Jailbreak and trying to get people to subscribe or "Donate" and with the "Donation" you will get my Jailbreak, Well if you do see that and you will from at least 1 site i can guarantee (You can most probably guess who) then DO NOT pay for it, Do not subscribe for the Jailbreak or anything which means you have to hand over your hard earned money for the Jailbreak, Im doing this so every single one of you have the RIGHT & FREEDOM to do what the hell you want to do with your Playstation 3 consoles because after all you paid YOUR hard earned money for your Playstation 3 consoles so you should have the right to do what the hell you want to do with them!!
In saying that please be aware that i DO NOT condone piracy.
3) You can follow me on twitter @MrJailbreak619 ([Register or Login to view links]) also come visit us at my site and have a chat, we'll be glad to see you
4) Where will i be releasing the Jailbreak?? Only 1 place i will be releasing the Jailbreak and i have already said where i will release it on my Twitter account.
Now i know i have a few haters and that's fine but please do not throw abuse at me guys there's no need for it okay i have literally done nothing to you, I've worked my ass off to bring you guys a Jailbreak completely FREE when most sites are charging for one, I'm not earning anything out of this, Everything i do is completely FREE for you guys, so please keep that in mind before considering to type abusive messages at me ok.
so what, we can install packages on 3.55 then update to 4.11 and with a hardware flasher we can downgrade again. installing packages on 4.11 is not really a problem, getting homebrew to run is a different story also the nodex firmware is a fake, if you install try to install it on 4.11 it says corrupt firmware, it installs fine on 3.55 but the xmb is jumpy and there is a blank space where install package files should be..
I have downloaded and installed this on my ps3 and its works! Now you cant install pkg's because you will need the get it signed like 3.55 pkg's. Warning there might be a possible risk of a ban so don't try this if you are concerned about being ban!
I moved it to our ongoing "BS" thread here for the moment, but if some others confirm it's indeed legit just minus leaked keys then perhaps we can promote it to the main page as a video is included and a non-survey download etc.