Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question PS3 3.55 CFW to OFW and cleaning

Sponsored Links
    my ps3 got YLOD i need to clean it and reinstall back to OFW then send to SONY.

is there any info how to do it ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    omg, this is awful, as far as I know, this you're trying to do is not possible...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    From what I have manage to find out about this they will write off the unit and send you a refurbished model.

so they won't know what firmware you have but they will also possibly send you a newer firmware then 3.55 on the refurbished model with new hard drive and none of your user details.

Sony don't give you back the same PS3, they usually give you a new PS3 (same model) and take your broken PS3 for parts or whatever.

If you've already voided the warranty or it's over I would find a different way on fixing your YLOD.

Do you think that would be possible with the older PS3 models? Like the hardware support ones for example

Well I'm assuming they will send you back the same PS3 model as you sent in (if that's what you were asking ).

ok formatted updated to 3,55 OFW formatted again and my system says 263/298.

so i'm wondering its normal or there will be still some of old games backup etc cuz i want to update it to 3,72 b4 i send it to sony

i forget to clean hdd and not sure if formating remove all except PS3 files

The easiest way for you would be if you just send your PS3 in without an HDD

And the 35 GB are reserved for the System.

greets

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News