Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb Possible idea for a MFW

Sponsored Links
    I was thinking about something but has anyone tried to use the downgrade dongle to install a debug firmware? I haven't been able to find any info on any one trying this but if it works it would have all the same features as a ps3 with cfw/mfw and more and sony couldnt tell that we are using a mfw becuase it will appear as to them as theirere debug systems.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    look up rebug or acid cfw.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    rebug and acid are a combonation of retail and debug firmware but what i'm talking about has any one tried to use the service mode dongle to install offical debug firmware?

debug firmware is for different hardware so it doesn't work, that's why acid and rebug were created.

debug systems and retail have the same hardware but there's a flag set on the nand that allows it to install but the service dongle may allow it to install.

ok then try it. I'd imagine it'll allow the install and you'll see the debug options but they'll have no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by slifer1231 View Post
    debug systems and retail have the same hardware but there's a flag set on the nand that allows it to install but the service dongle may allow it to install.
    nope it's been tried to no success, some say it helps with semi bricks though, also I think it was a method used to downgrade some machines that had factory 3.50

ok thanks I just thought i'd ask about this i've been trying to figure out if there is a way to get debug to install on a retail system.

CLOSED.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News