Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Poll Poll - Which PS3 CFW is the most useful / do you use?

Sponsored Links
    Hey everyone,

I've been using the same old CFW since it first came out. What CFW is the best to use, or has the most benefits to use?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What CFW are you using? I have never had any issues with 3.55Kmeaw (aside from the normal issues of newer games and PSN access, but all the CFWs have these issues). All the homebrew worked very well. The only other one I almost tried was Rebug since it seemed to have more active support.

But most of that seems to be with regards to spoofing (I could be wrong, but I haven't been keeping up very well since I updated to 4.10 OFW on my system). My friend's PS3 that I am babysitting while he is out of the country is on 3.55 Kmeaw. Again no issues on his either. Unless a new CFW that can do 4.11+ I would say to stick with what has worked for you.

The only CFW that I am aware of that is 3.55 and might have issues is the Geohot one since it was supposed to only allow homebrew and not game backups. Some homebrew I believe has to have special versions to run on that as well. I think Showtime Media Center (or whatever it is called) was one such brew.

And unless anything has changed on the weird 3.56CFW, I would stay away from it since I seem to remember it not allowing you to use any other firmware after it has been installed. All-in-all I think that most of the CFWs basically do the same things. If some brave hacker releases a newer CFW (after getting one to work), then I would worry more about changing what you're using. But that is just my opinion.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    3.55 Kmeaw (Safe and popular)
    3.55 Rebug (Constant support and updates)
    3.41 any CFW (this is the most vulnerable version and easiest to hack, but little ppl are on it so it doesn't get support or updates)

Rebug is king just now because of the psn access

in serious, I probably be on 3.55 Rebug...

3.55 Kmeaw is what I give people starting out with, as I feel its the safest... aka Noob Friendly

I'm using Rebug 3.55 now, been waiting for some update to support more new games.

i'm using 3.55 kmeaw or dongle (depends on the game)

been on REBUG since I hacked my PS3 into CFW. So REBUG is the best CFW for me, nevertheless about the RSOD, as long as you don't mess with the firmware (aka install some modification and what'snot) you're safe for it.

i used 3.41 dongle for along time then 3.41 rebug. i've updated recently to 3.55 rebug with psn support.

rebug imo is the best cfw and has the best support.

I started in the early days with psbreak 1.2- 3.41 hermes b-and currently am using 3.41 hermes v4... the reason that I don't update to 3.55, is that I simply don't have the courage to re-edit all the fixed eboots of my game collection (retail & psn)

afterall the games that remain ''locked'' for 3.41 cfw are very few... since I don't have the slightest interest of a new dongle, and being just an end user that seeks only game experience, I can say with no doubt that the best cfw for me is 3.41 hermes v4 ...

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News