Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PlayStation 3 DLC on a CFW PS3

Sponsored Links
    Hi
    Is there any way I can run (eg. the Folklore/Infamous 2 DLC) on any CFW ?

Thx

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well to get a DLC you will need PSN access which you can't get on your PS3 since you have 3.55 CFW on it. If you can find a DLC in .pkg form and it is 3.55 FW or below, it should work. But currently there is no way to get new DLCs working on a PS3 with 3.55 CFW.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi,

Good to know. And if I find an (DLC)*.pkg to install. Will it work or will I have problems with the license fils and so on I read a lot of confusing stuff.

Well some "DLC".pkg files will require you to move a certain file to a certain place before you start playing every time. There are very little DLC files for CFW anyways.

The place you are getting the DLC from should tell you how to install it though.

This is one of the biggest challenges still. DLC is only available via PSN. If one can isolate the installation file just before it installs, then it can possibly be converted to a PKG. But first you need a hacked PS3 going onto PSN to get it.

Then there is a risk of banning.the other option is to convince the manufacturer of the game to release it to you, but I have a better chance to get pregnant than them going over $ony's head. The last option is to get a $ony employee to leak it, but that is theft and this risk is way too high. Your best bet is to do like so many others - get 2nd PS3

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News