Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by gtxboyracer View Post
    what about Portal 2? I heard that was requiring 3.60 too?
    Quote Originally Posted by damox View Post
    AFAIK: the only games with 3.6000 updates are; Killzone 3, Gran Turismo 5 and inFAMOUS 2.
    I was referring to 3.6000 game updates rather than 3.6000 games (of which there are a bunch).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    oh thanks! So I guess if Portal 2 gets an update, and its not signed as 3.60 then we are in luck?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok, this is a little creepy. Say what you want I find it a little coincidental that Sony already announced a new console in the works and new games are all 3.6 but 2 have a 3.5 patch before the games were even released. I know some are on the dev networks but seriously, a company who has gone thru hell and back over security is letting games that are already secured be patched with something that defeats said security measure. Does that not constitute legal action against the devs themselves for effectively by passing Sony's security measures?

But you know, I'm not gonna complain, this whole scenario is a strange, it's gonna be interesting to see how it plays out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by gtxboyracer View Post
    oh thanks! So I guess if Portal 2 gets an update, and its not signed as 3.60 then we are in luck?
    Correct.

Damox - great site - I haven't seen it before and as someone who never uses PSN i have gone to CFW and don't want to accidently buy any games I can't play.

Thanks!

Confused

I still don't get how this works.

Why are devs compiling their patches that comes after the game with a lower SDK...

They don't have the new SDK yet. Game updates and game titles go through different procedures for release.

All games are signed by Sony themselves. Game updates can be signed by game developers.

Strange. I install the patch, Game starts to boot, Then asks to install game date, and then says install failed.

installing now. you need to Launch game with SELECT + X in multiman.
    Last edited by corsasri; 06-09-2011 at 11:27 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

HI, got install failed delete game works OK.
    Last edited by simon1234; 06-09-2011 at 11:29 AM

I'm drooling over White Knight's Chronicles 2 EUR release praying for 3.55 fix. Please Sony, repeat that dumb mistake again!

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News