Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question New PS3 with 3.56 firmware on CFW

Sponsored Links
    Hi All,

My name is Deb, I am from India. I have bought a new PS3 which can with 3.56 firmware. Is it possible to install CFW on this so that i can run downloaded games from Internet. I am a newbie so i am sorry about the silly questions.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can check with MinVerCheck tool , and take a look on which firmware is possible to reprogram. Then organize yourself with some hardware work with Progskeet.

I will make your life more easy. If possible, go to your store, and ask to change your ps3 with an other model, an old one. Be available to add money at worst, but change your ps3 with an older model (surely available but far from eyes) and ask, if you can change it, to open and try your new console , go to check the firmware. Point to a 160gb old model. Ask an old model. Trust me, don't waste your time figuring out how to open your new console, still under warranty. Just change it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi... yes you can install a cfw but after downgrading your ofw. Don't try any downgrade PUP coz it will brick your console, use E3 flasher like this http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...3-55-firmware/ or progskeet like this http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...-is-announced/

yup just like Bartholomy said, change your console with an old model that have 3.55/3.41 ofw or with another one that have been downgrade or already have a cfw, i think it wasn't hard to find

Thanks for the replies Lindwurm and Bartholomy. I have a PS3 Move and I bought it from Sony Store. Let me check whether they have lower version model or not.

If you're on 3.56 FW it means your base firmware is 3.40 or lower, since the next base firmware after 3.40 is 3.60, and if you're on 3.56 FW it obviously means you don't have a PS3 which has a base firmware of 3.60.

Anyways you can't install CFW or Jailbreak your PS3 if it is on 3.56 FW, you can use a NOR chip (Progskeet, E3 flasher, etc) to downgrade but the process is very difficult.

I would go with the option Bartholomy gave you, return your PS3 and go buy one with 3.55 FW, it might take you some time to find one but trust me, it's much easier than installing a chip to downgrade your PS3.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 11-09-2011 at 07:49 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sucks... i didn't find older version of PS3 Move in the Sony store... i have to wait for 3.56 CFW in this forum.

Uhm. I suppose was a little more expensive in india than the base model. So here is the deal. Give back your ps3+move and change it for an older model and a separate move pack, adding few dollars. I think they will accept your offer if you are available to pay a little more. Trust me, much better a console with warranty and open to any kind of manipolation, than wait a dream.

As much i can tell you today, even if metdlr will lead to something , you could be struck waiting for long, and for nothing maybe. You will not have PSN access, you will not be able to buy and play new games upcoming, just waiting a hope. Doesn't deserve, enjoy your console, so choose.

Try to change it, or just enjoy your console online waiting one day, a future 3.73 CFW. You should answer me "Hey but yesterday i was reading the metldlr thread! Maybe i have a hope!" True, but more days you wait, less possible will be to change your console for an older one. Your choice

what's the difference between 3.55 and 3.56 ?

In Simple Terms, pretty much a Security Fix to stop CFW

theres 3.55 cfw.. theres no 3.56 cfw

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News