Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If worse comes to worse, I'll buy a new ps3 just for playing online. Good work.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I wonder, how does GeoHot make his CFW small. Only containing needed file patches and changes.

But everyone elses CFW contain everything. why?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    seriously not a single reply if this works or not? wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Denida View Post
    Probably... but that's a risk if you wish to go online...

As this method requires more stuff that would give Sony "justification" due to what is done with the SSL certificates, but no one knows for sure yet.
    Not if you make a purchase afterward. It'll break their case.

Sony: "He's a pirate. He installed CFW with the sole purpose of circumventing security to run unauthorized code and illegal copies of code"

"Pirate": "Yeah i did. I also went into the playstation store to purchase Shatter and some add-ons."

Sony: "Wait... what?!" Fuuuu...

this does work, it's the same as kmeaw except it has the cert already replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUfan View Post
    seriously not a single reply if this works or not? wow.
    It does work but there are some steps you need to take after you install to make it work. I am online playing mag right now Thanks Naima !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DXN3585 View Post
    I wonder, how does GeoHot make his CFW small. Only containing needed file patches and changes.

But everyone elses CFW contain everything. why?
    every cfw is initially a patch just like geohots, but since they have crybabies that want everything easy, they want prepatched pup files. no one wants to read and learn they just want what they want NOW. i was able to figure out the psn thingy by READING, everyone now a days just reads what they wanna see, the future is looking dull if this is the way things are going to continue...
    Last edited by RevCube; 02-15-2011 at 01:57 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

We are human, we want everything simpler. If i can order a pizza for about the same price as making the pizza myself, then i'll just order the pizza premade. In the end if i made the pizza, i'll have that great feeling that I made it (then again it could come out bad). Same here, along the way, some person might mess up or not understand how to bypass the restriction and use the premade PUP. I hope the anology worked.

what steps are those to make it work ? i don't suppose you could forward the patched update.

Yeah your right i did just do that myself but just have learned a few minutes ago to patch the pup and its done. Does anyone know whether this is installed through recovery menu or xmb?
    Last edited by sharp30; 02-15-2011 at 06:09 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is there any reason why a skilled hacker can't release a CFW that automatically sends out network packets with headers containing 03.56 instead of 03.55?

Why do we need a PC to change the headers from 03.55 to 03.56?? Just let the PS3 send packets with 03.56 headers then there's no need for a PC at all.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News