Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    just curious couldn't us 3.41 users use Deanrr eboot fix with the 3.55 l.a.noire eboot?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So this patch works.. well great.. but the real question is.. just like Brink, how exactly DOES it work. Can this "exploit" be duplicated for other games?

I guess only time will tell.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It was explained to me that Portal 2 is absolutely dependent on 3.6 features. This and Brink both were probably developed using 3.5 and then coded to use only the 3.6 security and nothing else, the patch bypasses the 3.6 and lets the game be 3.5 which it originally was. If the game is developed using a 3.6 setup then no kind of patching would work.

mind you I'm not an expert or dev, I asked the same question and this was the most civilized response I could get.

Unhappy

I have the BLUS version of this game, anyway i've applied the patch altered the param so it reads BLESxxxx and also changed it to 3.55 from 3.6.

Now my problem is this the game itself loads fine from internal but when i get to acertain part in the first level, the bit where you search some guys apartment i can't get any further and also if i pick the news paper up in the alleyway the game freezes.

Quote Originally Posted by chr15m View Post
    just curious couldn't us 3.41 users use Deanrr eboot fix with the 3.55 l.a.noire eboot?
    We could try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphonlord View Post
    I have the BLUS version of this game, anyway i've applied the patch altered the param so it reads BLESxxxx and also changed it to 3.55 from 3.6.

Now my problem is this the game itself loads fine from internal but when i get to acertain part in the first level, the bit where you search some guys apartment i can't get any further and also if i pick the news paper up in the alleyway the game freezes.
    Are you using MultiMAN manager?
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 05-20-2011 at 09:35 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned User
    Kinda surprised more new games aren't using the Portal 2 method, which so far still hasn't been broken (at least to my knowledge).

Quote Originally Posted by leukotic View Post
    Kinda surprised more new games aren't using the Portal 2 method, which so far still hasn't been broken (at least to my knowledge).
    LA Noire is a 3.60 Games. The patch just enables you to play on 3.50+

Quote Originally Posted by syphonlord View Post
    I'm having the same problem with the newspaper... I split it, and it loads fine off my external with the newest version of multiman... I only tried the first scene, is there supposed to be spoken dialog between you and your partner? Then I pick up the newspaper and the controller stops working in game... the music still plays and I can edit out of the game. I don't have much time to mess with it tonight... any thoughts? Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk.

For those with game freezing at Newspaper etc. - Have you tried to change the game settings in MM to NOT load it in the Controller patch mode? It seems that this is only needed in the first run when the game initializes / installs ...

Is USB patch the same thing as Controller patch? I don't have anything on MM which enables "Controller patch."

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News