Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Kmeaw 3.55 PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW) to Add Linux Dual Boot

Sponsored Links
    Keeping in line with the latest PS3 Linux Dual-Booting work from PlayStation 3 developer Graf Chokolo, today Kmeaw has stated the following to Dukio on his upcoming 3.55 PS3 Custom Firmware update, to quote:

"We haven't heard from Kmeaw for quite some time, so I managed to get a hold of him and it seems he might bring us another interesting release that should comes in the form of CFW. No, it's not 3.60 CFW, if you still don't get it.

I was thinking of a CFW that has bootOS integrated so it gets executed when you power on your PS3 (and switches back to GameOS on user's request via menu or ssh). It's not hard to make it. But recently I read graf's announcment that he is going to accomplish the same task. So I don't know, if such CFW from me would get any demand.

Also I got bootos-installer and lv2patcher patches from an anonymous hacker who have added 3.15/3.41 support. I'm going to merge them into my code and release the next version.

If you have any ideas about what would you like to have, please tell me."

Kmeaw 3.55 PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW) to Add Linux Dual Boot

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    OMG *drool* gimme plz!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Really nice... Kmeaw+Graf_Chokolo= Winning! sorry, I just had to...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    indeed. in charlie sheens words this news is WINNING.

hehe.

btw any news on Grafs legal troubles?

Kmeaw, Graf_Chokolo thanks so much for all your hard work and future releases (like tri-boot CFW).

Banned User
    I was never a user of OtherOS on any of my PS3's, never had the need since my computer does everything I need it to.

However I would like to see a dual-boot CFW that allowed for different firmware installations (if this is possible). Example, boot #1 has the 3.55 CFW, while boot #2 has the latest FW and is PSN capable. I personally think this would have the highest demand, because not all of us have separate PS3's for CFW and PSN (I do, but I still would like to have the extra option for ease of use and perhaps trophy integration between consoles).

Have no idea if this would ever be possible, but it's something that I personally would like to see in a dual-boot. Heck, why not partition off 3 sections, one for OtherOS support, one for CFW and one for PSN. That would be one heck of a CFW package!

Quote Originally Posted by leukotic View Post
    However I would like to see a dual-boot CFW that allowed for different firmware installations (if this is possible). Example, boot #1 has the 3.55 CFW, while boot #2 has the latest FW and is PSN capable.
    This is not as simple as it seems - first of all the FW is not only on the hard drive but also in the flash rom and simple "dual boot" woudl not resolve this. Also - even if it would be possible to multiboot like that it would most probably end up anyway as two more or less separate systems - e.g. without sharing the PS3 / PSN accounts so in effect like having 2 individual PS3s anyway without (direct) option to share content, trophies, game saves etc.

Yeah a dual boot with ofw and cfw would be great but I'm diggin the new content that has come out so far and the new things on the way will be better I bet!

Quote Originally Posted by chrykel View Post
    Yeah a dual boot with ofw and cfw would be great but I'm diggin the new content that has come out so far and the new things on the way will be better I bet!
    ye, it would be really awesome! maybe that way, that the ofw is on a virtual partition, with the own save data / installs / anything. at boot choose from menu. this is my dream.

please add ntfs support...

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News