Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Kiosk2Retail PS3MFW Arrives, No PS3 Downgrading Required

Sponsored Links
    Following up on previous PS3 Kiosk to Retail and PS3 Demo to Retail methods, this weekend lite has made available a Kiosk2Retail PlayStation 3 MFW (Modified Firmware) that allows users to convert their consoles without downgrading for 3.55 Firmware and below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / PS3MFW Kiosk2Retail Without Downgrading for 3.55 and Below Guide

To quote: I joined a PS3 MFW firmeware modified by me, you can use it to convert a PS3 on "Demo / Kiosk Mode" to Retail Mode, you must apply it in Recovery Mode. It will put a vsh update, and definitely get out your ps3 from demo mode to retail.

After that you have the choice to keep the FW on the PS3 and start your backups using the current managers, so the FW is functional.

Or you can call in OFW 3.55 to recover a Waninkoko, rebug or kmeaw...

The FW is in 3.55, patched with "promo-to-retail patch" which will allows you to install it on any PS3 Demo (3.55 and lower).

NB: Patches present on the FW "LV1 HP, LV2 Kernel, Package Installer, UNSigned App Launcher, 2 icones in XMB {App_Home}+{Install Package Files} and patch promo-to-retail". Enjoy.

Kiosk2Retail PS3MFW Arrives, No PS3 Downgrading Required

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Whoa epic update! Thanks lite!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    very nice.

You have been able to do this yourself with PS3MFW Builder for ages.

Indeed, though the PUP could be 'convenient' for those who aren't comfortable modding their own or if they don't have a PC that runs PS3MFW, etc. At least now another option is available for them I suppose... even if it just saves a little time or effort.

Question

How do people have Kiosk PS3's anyways?? Did they steal them?

Most are just used Demo PS3's (that look like normal PS3 consoles) which can be found quite often searching EBay, etc versus the actual "Kiosk" that holds the unit itself. I don't know where one would put a Kiosk unless they have a barn next to their house or something hehe

i'd love to have a kiosk as my main ps3 playing area.. i wonder if you can buy these somewhere?

Yeah - sometimes the whole kiosks are being auctioned off at shop closures / bankruptcy etc.

this is great news for those that are afraid to build there own and "Test/Sample" there creation

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News