Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

IrisManager v1.38 PS3 Update Arrives, Compatible with 4.XX CFW

Following up on the previous update, this Spanish PlayStation 3 developers D_Skywalk and Estwald have updated IrisManager to version 1.38 which is compatible for PS3 4.XX Custom Firmware (CFW) with the changes outlined below.

Download: http://david.dantoine.org/descargas/45 / http://gitorious.ps3dev.net/irismanager-4-x/

To quote: Changelog English:

v1.38 – r94 (commit 3f4fd0b1d7ffe038a7b8a5ef3a24c702c3105bc6)
    • Little changes on selected game (a slowly flash).

v1.37 – just source released on git – 23 Dic 2012 (Estwald)
    • New tools to install pkgs without restart (on the Iris Tools menu)

v1.35 – just source released on git – 22 Dic 2012 (Estwald)
    • HDD DB Emu support.
    • New ftp code with new perms.

v1.30 – just source released on git – 17 Dic 2012 (Estwald)
    • Launch PKG (unpackaged) form an external device. Supports Homebrew and PSN Native apps.

ON UPDATES: DO NOT DELETE OLD RELEASE, JUST UPDATE!

IrisManager v1.38 PS3 Update Arrives, Compatible with 4.XX CFW

More PlayStation 3 News...

As MultiMan is becoming bloatware I'll give this a go.

Just tried it on 4.21REX and it says "Unsupported firmware" and quits.
    Last edited by StanSmith; 12-28-2012 at 02:09 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What happened to multiman for you to call it bloatware?

I've been hearing so many good things about it

Jup. It have no slowdowns and there is a skinny version of it.

version 4.13 of MultiMan was the last good version for me. Any version past 4.14 is crap. I only use the 8x4 layout and its now changed for the worst. In 4.13 it loaded fast, it was smooth and no problems at all. In 4.14 it now takes 3x longer to load a page then every other page also takes 3x longer as it loads the icons everytime where 4.13 loads all at startup.

4.14 also brought this menu to the 8x4 layout so when you press O hoping it asks to quit it now brings up a menu. When you finally exit and load up MM again it goes to that menu not the games list. It feels bloated now, its slower, more button presses to exit without loading a game, and just sluggish all round.

DeanK doesn't care as I spoke to him about it and said he's not going to fix it, he's going to leave it buggy. If you dont believe me go try it out for yourself. v4.13 and v4.14. both on the 8x4 screen layout. You will see its now slower, takes longer and just feels bloated.

I'm staying on 4.13MM or going to iris when it works on 4.21REX.

Get the skinny version, if you don't like the other features. Personally, I think most are great.

Iris Manager v1.45 PS3 Backup Game Manager Update is Released

Following up on the previous revision, today Spanish PlayStation 3 developer Estwald has updated the Iris Manager PS3 game backup manager to version 1.45 followed by v1.46, v1.46.2 and v1.46.3 with the changes outlined below.

Download: http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/ps3/irismanager-4-x-irismanager-4-x.rar / http://mods.elotrolado.net/%7Ehermes/ps3/irismanager-4-x-irismanager-4-x.rar / http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/ps3/irismanager-4-x-irismanager-4-x.rar / http://www.ps3ita.it/download/homebrew/Iris_Manager_1.46.3-fix_error_0x8001003c.pkg / http://www.ps3ita.it/download/homebrew/irismanager-4-x-irismanager-4-x.rar

To quote, roughly translated: Well, Version 1.45 at this rate, we will update the rhythm of Multiman [+ laughs]. No, really: unless it is something of God, I have no intention to update more

In firmware version 3.41 is added: all works, as I have above and arranged the 3.55, which brought us to head for a stupid mistake [+ laughs], but also had a problem with one of the "pokes" I had to solve. And those of us in 4.30, what?.

Then I thought about the whiners: D_Skywalk is who has control of the versions after all and I have no guilt if you do not like the "flicker" that put the icon or the colors I choose [qmparto]. So the best we can do is "fool" and minimally modify the GUI to accomplish the following:

Now there are 8 colors to choose, the first four, as always, with the fading light of the selected icon appears D_Skywalk likes, but others we mola Unless, that is "not seen" so fast.

The next four activate the "flicker" that got me, you fat and shrinks the icon. The first is the "Beautiful Blue" that some claims in a while [qmparto] [plasma], the second is the same as the default (gray-beige) and the third a blue-violet and the fourth new rosita for girls D_Skywalk including [haha].

The reason for two-color copy of the original, is that I know: some will want to use those colors but with the "blink" again (or worse: want the new colors but how D_Skywalk) [Toctoc]. So this time we win and I think we keep D_Skywalk happy to, because the changes I had to do to all that are minimal and respect both.

By the way, Mr. D_Skywalk: this time if I left a brief note. Some changes you may seem trivial, but I assure you that in the absence of 3.55 parenthesis in a function petaba poke me the entire application. There are things that are done in a certain way, that's how it seems to work and not on a whim. Take this into consideration [+ laughs]

Regards

1.45 Changelog:
    • Support for firmware 3.41, 3.55 fixed, 21.4 adds DEX
    • Fixes installer PKG
    • Added new background colors with automatic selection of "flicker" or not. These changes are minor and I hope that you accept as is. Basically, if you use the first four colors is selected icon as you let him, but if you select the 4 new (2 are the same as those you use your) changes to flashing mode so clever

Salgo minor bug or market, this is the last change I have thought to do that is not related with the ISOS.

v1.46 Changelog:
    • Added the patch for 4.30 Rebug LV1 CEX to prevent the "panic shutdown" bug from occurring
    • Improved recognition of PSX discs

v1.46.2 Changelog:
    • PSX / PS1 disc games bug fix

Rough translation (via elotrolado.net/hilo_3-55-4-30-iris-manager-v1-38_1842936_s280#p1731280734): Good Estwald, Since I'm "tester" because I'm indicating hehe . Following the same tests as I said in another post, it seems that still does not work and the original directly, or the backup (unless another hard target if recognized earlier and then force the restart of play) [buuuaaaa].

Well, as always follow your progress and encouragement. Regards and happy hehe kings. I just uploaded a new version that fixes that. The modification basically consists of adding this, for which you are interested.
    Code:
    if(find_device==11) sprintf(filename, "/dev_bdvd");
    else if(find_device==0) sprintf(filename, "/dev_hdd0");
    else sprintf(filename, "/dev_usb00%c", 47+find_device);

DIR *dir;
    dir = opendir (filename);

if (dir) {
    closedir (dir);

if(find_device >= 0 && find_device < 11) move_bdemubackup_to_origin(1 << find_device);

if(find_device==11 && (get_psx_region_cd() & 0x10) == 0x10) {psx_inserted |= 0x100;}

fdevices|= 1<<find_device;
    } else
    The reason for failing to detect that the PS3 is mounted unit / dev_bdvd empty [laughs]. Of course, the detection of the presence / dev_bdvd activates a flag detection requires SYSTEM.CNF PSX.EXE or unless another flag is activated (psx_inserted | = 0x100) resulting from the low level detection of the disc.

The alternative routine which is just after that else was introduced because one of the games (TEKKEN) was taken as Audio CD and in this case it was not possible to detect other than by reading sectors. Now with the new added there should be no problems.

On the other hand, inspecting the PSX emulator (ps1_emu), I see that uses a function called sys_storage_send_device_command (). More or less, understand the structure of the syscall, but do not know the commands sent to serve in particular. Worse, I feel that the readings will be asynchronous, which will not be a crook here, here I'll kill you, which is what interested.

Of course, that does not help anything possible syscall emulation: in reality, as presented, would cheaper to modify the emulator once you find out what they intended with these functions, so that work as we want, try to emulate the commands themselves syscall level.

Anyway, this goes for long regards

v1.46.3 Changelog (Rough translation via elotrolado.net/hilo_3-55-4-30-iris-manager-v1-38_1842936_s280#p1731308468):
    • Added Italian language (Thanks to Zz_SACRO_zZ!)
    • Added to payload 3.55, 4.21, 4.21 dex, 4.30, fix for 0x8001003C error (incorrect version in sys_load_param). The error occurs in newer games/game updates such as Sports Champions 2 (thanks to Nicola for pointing out the error)
    • Missing still the support to 3.41 hermes. (Sorry but i don't have the lv2 dump of this cfw )

Iris Manager v1.45 PS3 Backup Game Manager Update is Released

More PlayStation 3 News...

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    As MultiMan is becoming bloatware I'll give this a go.

Just tried it on 4.21REX and it says "Unsupported firmware" and quits.
    i totally agree deank put so much uneeded crap into mm it slowed it down i haven't updated since 14.04 myself it is slow and only get slower folks iris is the new manager go Estwald, i consider both friends and talented but i got to give this one to iris you cant even hook up 2 usb on mm iris you can
    Last edited by fantopoulos; 01-04-2013 at 12:39 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've updated my MM yesterday to latest version, still as nippy as ever for me, did go a bit clunky at around v4.14, but all that seems to have sorted itself out.

don't know if i should point this out but as this thread should be dead by now, and the convo is most certainly off topic, can't we move the convo to a new thread?

erm just ignore this post i just went through it and realised the iris creator is to do with dh so... i'm a dumbass today.
    Last edited by Anger007; 01-04-2013 at 01:19 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast