Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Won't those, on 3.56 need a hardware flasher to install it?

And if so, why not simply install kmeaw?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As a matter of fact natepig I put a post down and you started the bad feeling as you put it. None of my posts are hostile, especially when I try to show examples and reasoning. Popular opinion as you put it is just that, and when someone presents different views the adult thing to do if you don't agree is show something that contradicts my view.

A lot of individuals out there are trying to steamroll through any differing opinions using selective/conveniant logic. We'll take you natepig, in the last post you made it clear that if I had taken into account all the information I would not view this JFW as the future. However if you and the remainder the hateful out there had all the facts, you'd be more suspicious than doubtful.

One silly argument I see often is "they didn't release it with all the features!", however those features are listed as being developed and you can't argue that there are signs of them slowing down considering the frequent and consistent news updates. Another one is "I don't want to get stuck on closed firmware", again they conveniently overlook the fact that it has been stated a MAD firmware downgrader (supposedly) is in development for those concerned.

The only valid argument I see is the fact that they stated it was going to be released with all the features and I agree with other's view on that being a weasel move. Still just about every con and be remedied with a pro if you're not acting like an impatient/immature kid.

I bet you if Dean or Team Rebug had done something like this they'd be on someones crap list too, even with all the great things multiman and rebug do. Believe me the least of my worries is having to feel bad about someone feeling sorry for me, epecially considering the intellect and calibur of the person doing the pitying.

My standing on the JFW matter has taken a turn towards suspicion as openpstore is now here and thegra is still on the list for things to come. The part that has me most confused are the updates, if this is indeed crap (and they are trying to save face from embarrassment) why so much work just to keep a lie alive?

We've all seen the list on things being developed, so what's the goal? So (for me) best case scenario is plugins and psp isos, those 2 things will already make it better than anything out there. Thegra has me excited, because if you own a hacked psp then you know the power and potential of plugins. If anyone can entertain a plausible answer I'd sincerely like to see it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm just hoping that something good comes from this. The people that are currently in the negative area about this JFW would like to be proven wrong about it's uselessness. Otherwise they will stay by their statements. I don't think I would risk using this on 3.55 but I've seen it mentioned many times that if installed on 3.41, you can just go to 3.55 kmeaw and be happy.

I don't think the average person would want to go from 3.55 to 3.56 JFW if things are not what they seem and get disappointed. How many people want to lose access to multiman, an app that many use, just because someone doesn't like deank? That's just bs. Once there's 100% confirmation of the features they like and are used along with the new features that are supposed to be included in this firmware, there will be less negativity towards this 3.56 cfw.

If KaKaRoTo's exploit leads to someone making an updated cfw with the ability to play a higher firmware games, it's likely people will go to that instead. The problem that would remain for me is the support of PS1 and/or PS2 backups. Other than that, people will see JFW as a waste, kinda like they do now

Quote Originally Posted by Chichan69 View Post
    Another one is "I don't want to get stuck on closed firmware", again they conveniently overlook the fact that it has been stated a MAD firmware downgrader (supposedly) is in development for those concerned.
    Again, in development is not here, and you need to be on 3.55 to install 3.56 which only removes the current method of downgrading, so it's still worthless, for me that is.

Auhts! I installed 'it'

1 Now getting some DATA CORRUPTION error while attempting to install all o- and c-fw
    2 Multiman crashes with HDMI audio noise.
    3 System info tells me I'm on 3.56
    4 ps3 is still QA flagged
    5 Terrible startup audio sample (1 bit audio?)
    6 Showtime works over wifi with PMS on QNAP 439pro (700MB/movie)
    7 Game data rev1 works.

Grrrr I feel stupid.

Well seeing you managed to go through with it, would you mind trying something ?

You said MultiMan works with a sound issue, but have you tried ftp'ing to it once your in multiMan? If so did it work?

Sorry baslichtjaar, I was referring to you
    Last edited by daveshooter; 12-13-2011 at 10:12 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Didn't they remove the recovery menu in 3.56?

Yup but is still is (my only ps3). And for Bartholomy: I'm not a thrasher I'm a collector.

The xmb look the same not a noticeable theme chance. Updated over a 3.55 I guess? Multiman crashes after splash screen with hdmi noise then black screen ps3 has to be unplugged. Ass the power button doesn't work, I thought ftp-ing is a no go.

I've tried the fw's on a 500gb fat32 spinning usb disk. I have not tried open-ftp! I've tried to up/down-grade in user mode and in recovery mode. Still possible but I got corruption errors.

PS I've just moved, and I can't decide whether I'm gona find my usb stick collection or just buy a new stick.

Hey just found all my usb sticks in my video-equipment box.. first try OFW 3.54, 3.55 ofw.

Next is PS3_355-KAKAROTO_CFW.RAR via xmb at 83% I got 8002f976
    Last edited by baslichtjaar; 12-13-2011 at 11:04 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I recently ran that QA Enabler and when I tried to install an update to HDD I get the same error at the same place and thats the update I always use. Did turning on QA damage my PS3?

I haven't tried to install that update but I tried 3 times and it wont get past the 82% mark each time. its a MFW 3.55 and its what I have currently installed and I've installed this MFW about 4 times previously due to me customizing too far and getting either red screen or just loosing features I wanted.

Lightbulb I installed JFW over CFW 3.56...

1 Now getting some DATA CORRUPTION error while attempting to install all o- and c-fw
    2 Multiman crashes after splash screen with hdmi audio noise then the screen goes black, power has to be unplugged.
    3 System info tells me I'm on 3.56
    4 ps3 is still QA flagged
    5 I've tried the fw's on a 500gb fat32 spinning usb disk. And 2 different USB stiks
    6 I've tried to downgrade in user mode and in recovery mode. as well as QA flagged downgrade. Still possible but I got corruption errors.
    7 Showtime works over wifi with PMS on QNAP 439pro (700MB/movie)
    8 Game data rev1 works.
    9 The xmb look the same not a noticeable theme chance. Updated over a CFW 3.56 I guess?
    10 Grrrr I feel stupid.

first try OFW 3.55
    second try PS3_355-KAKAROTO_CFW.RAR via xmb at 83% I got ERROR: 8002F976
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Img_6592.jpg   Img_6594.jpg   Img_6593.jpg  

Sponsored Links

Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast