Iris Manager v2.41 Changelog, roughly translated: New: Version 2.41
1) Italian language update (thanks to AlexanderPs3Mod)
2) Added Simplified and Traditional Chinese languages support (thanks Liqianyu)
3) Added syscall 879 emulation (Bd Media ID) for DiscLess Payload
4) Improved discless mode in 3.55, 4.21 and 4.30 CEX CFW. With a USB device, it mounts on exit; without USB device, use the "PS" in Iris Manager to display the disc. If your CFW requires mounting a USB device for disc-less, remember that pressing START (Global Options) and then SELECT display and record the generated Event ID.
5) Added fixed DEX and CFW 4.41 payloads, corresponding to patches from PS3 ITA Fan Control Manager (thanks to Zz_SACRO_zZ , Rancid- o for contributing and greetings to the rest of the PS3ITA Team for initiating a project based in Iris Manager)
6) Also added the method to fix Error 0x80010009 in CFWs sharing the same keys (from 4.21 to 4.41) when a executable is greater than that of CFW. In this case, I made a custom implementation code from ITA PS3 Team:
The games and updates are patched to use "Check Files" option (Test Game) that in my opinion, is the right choice for this
Instead of using fixed offsets to read the version, its taken from the SELF / SPRX header offset to prevent a possible change in position of the data (which would leave the executable unusable) and simplify the routine, which will serve to all executables.
Instead of patching to version 3.41 which can lead to confusion and perhaps create problems in the future, we patching the same version of the detected CFW. This way, it always informs a compatible version with the same keys.
It manages all file errors that may occur.
7) Using Sandungas suggestion, it uses / dev_hdd0/GAMES/covers and / dev_hdd0/GAMEZ/covers as potential places to find cover art to avoid duplication of data between Iris and Multiman. Iris will not look for covers on external drives because the process will be slow and complicated and we can all easily copy (using the File Manager) content to the internal disk.
Media ID on BD
In anticipation of a possible check BD Media ID (Export 0xEF666B52 in liblv2 and syscall 879) has been carried out for inclusion in the payload Disc emulate Less.
To get it you need to be in "With BDVD Controller" (With BDVD Controller) and insert the disk after running Iris Manager. Failure to do so, the syscall return Error 0x80010005 and it will not be possible to obtain the ID. Press SELECT on the disc icon, we see in the options "BD ID: XX XX ..." in blue because it is a Bluray disc and yellow when it comes to a game on the hard drive to recover the information.
My original disk MGS4 seems to not have BD Media ID and returns all data to 0 and error 0x80010006: This will be the default mode of operation of the emulation, then possibly some old games lack it.
When you insert a disc, you create a file in / dev_hdd0/game/IMANAGER4/config containing the ID and extension. Did. For example, for Kill 00081.did BCES-Zone 2, which is used as temporary store ID.
Later when launching the game dede hard disk (internal or external), or entering their options with SELECT, Disc-Less mode that ID is taken and stored in the file BDMEDIA_ID in your root directory (for example, in my If, on / dev_hdd0/GAMES/Killzone2/BDMEDIA_ID) and stored by the syscall function 7 in the payload 40 to be used from the syscall 879.
In short: if the BD Media ID is 16 bytes to 0, it will return the ID and error 0x80010006. If by syscall 40 keep an ID function 7 average, returned the ID without error.
Thus, if a game is to check if it is running from the original disk using that facility, will give you the correct ID and avoid problems.
I'm still waiting for the update that brings more icons to the screen. The 3x4 is not enough when you have heaps of games and want one near the middle of the list. Thats why MultiMan is still a little better, more icons on the screen at a time so less pages to scroll through.
Anyone else getting the yellow flashing led when they use IrisManager now? I load it up and the led goes from green to flashing yellow.
Is there a way to turn off the fan control in Iris? I bet thats whats causing it.
What was the last version before the fan control was installed? I want to use that version till its fixed.
Originally Posted by henrykazuka
Estwald said he wasn't going to change that, if you really want it, you can grab the source code and change it yourself (that's what the source code is for). If you can't program, maybe get someone to do it for you? It's not like Estwald is the only programmer on the internet.
I posted in the spanish forum where he is and he said he wanted to put that option in. I should go back and ask again to remind him.
Last edited by StanSmith; 05-16-2013 at 03:58 AMReason: Automerged Doublepost
I tried it and did not like. Is not userfriendly. With the start, the fan speed is raised. I tried some settings but do not get. Once i remove the program, the fan speed was still too high... Do not recommend !
I have to use this to FTP files, for some reasons I can with this, but MultiMAN stopped allowing FTP connections, but I still use Multiman for loading my games with, as Iris only lists a couple of games, and doesn't find the rest.
To quote, roughly translated: What's New in version 2.45:
1) Added German as a language (thanks toto67)
2) New update Simplified and Traditional Chinese (thanks Liqianyu)
3) Fixed a bug that disallowed games bigfile external USB disk to internal (in cache). We have included a small correction for those games that do not have more than one cached bigfile. Also added warning if it comes to launching the game with BD Emu ON (exite cache inconsistency between games and BD Emu)
4) Added a number of improvements to the FTP server: now warns if you exit the application (attention, if it comes with PS button will not tell) and FTP is conducting a delete function, reading, writing... covering up to 10 seconds from the operation.
It is also equipped with some error messages for that function fails if the network is not started or misconfigured occasional change.
5) Added a new thread manager to perform background tasks, such as icons recharge, now is not done at once, if not staggered. With this, the program gains agility when changing pages.
6) Some users have notified me that REX Rebug 4.21.2 CFW does not work when you press the PS event, so I've gone back to the old method for this firmware.
To mount with Disc-Less need without plugging a device to force an event right in the process that should receive. For that it is necessary to know the Event ID before hand but users are reporting to me and that I do not know the ID or using one that others do not work (in 4.21.2 using an ID that I found)
For this reason it would be desirable to send me the Event ID generated when you plug a USB device for each firmware to know them.
Does anyone else have Iris manager make their PS3 go nuts? I'm on Rebug Rex 4.30.2 and it causes the PS3 to apparently heat up so badly the yellow light starts flashing, the fan goes to max immediately. Considering normal fan speed idles around 70C+ on the Cell, a yellow light warning must have been over 90C. Never before have I see this happen in a game or in another program. Nothing like this happens while using Multiman and using a fan controller program keeps the Cell at 64C and the RSX lower.
I forgot to mention this happens in both the animated and non-animated version.