Following up on their previous
updates, PlayStation 3 developers Estwald
(with help from Miralatijera
) have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.25 which now includes a File Manager with the changes detailed below.
Download: http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/ps3/irismanager-4-x.rar / Iris Manager v2.25 for v4.XX PS3 CFW
(Mirror) / Iris Manager v2.25 for v4.XX PS3 CFW
(Mirror #2) / Iris Manager v2.25 (Animated Icon)
Iris Manager v2.25 Changelog, roughly translated: New: in version 2.25
- Added support for installation. PKG over 4GB and from HDD0 (in / dev_hdd0/IMANAGER4/PKG).
- Added "File Manager / File Manager" (under "Tools / Tools"), with ability to create folders, delete, copy, move from file / folder or by group selection.
Example: copying to a USB device in the x: \ iris \ PKG PKG the fragmented (.666 xx files generated by split4G.exe, for example).
From Iris Manager, go to "Tools" use "Copy from / dev_usb / folder iris Iris" and "Install. PKG" unplugging USB storage devices, to show the / the. PKG / dev_hdd0/IMANAGER4 / PKG. Normally install.
It also has the ability to:
- mount / unmount "/ dev_rewrite" (device / dev_flash with writing),
- make dumps of LV1 (CFW that support only LV1 peek / poke) and LV2,
- hex editor,
- launch. SELF
- install PKG
Hold Start for one second to access help and know the function of the various buttons More details:
Upon entering, we find the split screens or windows identical sections, A and B. Both are shown at the top, all devices in the system and to change section we use L1/R1.
With L3/R3, we can rotate quickly to current section list, devices, Iris Manager directory or the current directory of the other section. At the top of the window shows the full path at all times and free space on the drive, so you do not lose the orientation
Of course, clicking on folders or devices we listed the following directories / files, provided in alphabetical order and by some new routines that allow us to quickly handle the character set UTF-8 Japanese font and used it for titles.
The sense of having two windows, is obvious: it is easily to provide a source and a destination to copy / move things. The origin is always the currently selected window, obviously.
The root folder, which displays all devices, is special: there no control of our actions and only allows us to select the device with EQUIS, to work from there
The Circle button is used to select / deselect files or folders groups one by one, while the square select / deselect groups all files / folders in the directory. Some actions like copying files or Movement respond to this selection in a group or if there is none, to the folder or file pointed to by the cursor (always overrides group selection, even if only a selected file)
EQUIS button serves to list the / device or perform actions on selected files, then describe.
With the SELECT (eye, go into any device before, it does not work on the screen devices) to the menu of options. Remember to always refer as the source currently selected window (the one with the letter blinking) and target the other.
- New Folder: Create new folders
- Rename: To rename files / folders
- Copy: Copy files / folders. This action is considered 666 xx fragmented files to unite or if the device is not the hard drive, the files fragment xx large as 666. It makes checking available space before copying (copying routine is different to that used in other tasks so far, by the way) and error checking.
- Move: This option behaves differently if it is to the same device (in which case moving files / folders directly and quickly) or if they are different devices (in which case it behaves first copied to the destination and then if no errors, deleting content source)
- Delete: Delete files / folders. If you do not know what you do, the option of upsets XD
- Mount / Unmount dev_rewrite and / dev_rewrite: Mount the device / dev_flash writable (and can cepillaros / dev_flash comfortable XD)
- Dump LV2: Dumpea in the current folder the Game OS (with its descriptive name, date, etc.)
- LV1 Dump: Dumpea LV1 in the current folder. This option only works for CFW> = 4.21 LV1 functions using PEEK and POKE. At 3.41 and 3.55 is more cumbersome and simply do not feel like it has something to do for a small utility ...
- Exit: exit option. Also it comes with SELECT and TRIANGLE
Well, these are the choices overall. A particular level depends on the type of file. Pressing EQUIS:
- About. SELF: the run
- About. PKG: Install PKG. Now let PKG above 4GB
- On another file: Hexadecimal Editor
Files. SELF and. PKG can be curioseados with the hex editor, using a trick: before pressing CIRCLE to activate group selection. Hexadecimal Editor
(Is what is holding me by the way
- Modify files: The editor is simple, always amending current presentation, running some action to change it, we are asked to save the changes. This action depending on the context, means the loss if the changes are not saved or prevents new action that would cause such changes. We recommend, strongly, to proceed first to create a backup of the file to modify, for obvious reasons.
To modify the files, we have a series of buttons:
- L1/R1 Decrease / increase in current selected one byte. It has ability to auto repeat
- Decreases EQUIS nibble (half byte) currently selected
- Increases CIRCLE nibble (half byte) currently selected
- SQUARE: Restores the original value of the currently selected byte
- START: Restores the original value of all bytes of the window
To move, we have the following buttons:
- LEFT / RIGHT / UP / DOWN to move the cursor over the window. Exceeding the limit address above or below 16 moves in 16 bytes. If the window is changed and the changes are not saved in the option that appears not scrolls. It has auto repeat.
- L2/R2 to quickly scroll through the file. It has auto repeat and speed is increased exponentially, to keep the buttons pressed.
- Absolute jump to the address described in the next section.
- Press SELECT to the menu of options. Here it should be noted that if changes are not saved are lost immediately.
- Go to Address: Option absolute jump: it shows a window with a keyboard where enter hexadecimal addresses easily. With LEFT / RIGHT / UP / DOWN we move through the keyboard, with EQUIS enter number with SQUARE remove the digit from the end, with L2/R2 we can move into the number and accept the jump with circle. With SELECT close the window.
- Find Hex: Search hexadecimal values (down). We can look for from 1 to 8 bytes. By default, it shows 4, but with L1/R1 can reduce or increase the number of bytes to seek. With LEFT / RIGHT / UP / DOWN we move through the keyboard, with EQUIS enter number with L2/R2 we can move into the number and accept the quest CIRCLE. With SELECT close the window. Press L3/R3 can repeat the search backwards and forwards, in hexadecimal editor
- String Find Search strings (down). Press L3/R3 can repeat the search backwards and forwards, in hexadecimal editor (note: this option is not yet implemented)
- Exit: Exit
I think with these options is enough for a hex editor "campaign" with which to make small arrangements from within the PS3
Apart from this, now you create a folder inside the folder PKG Iris Manager: from there you can install PKG with the option to "Install. PKG" if we copy one (without being inside another folder, eye) and we have no USB device connected (if we have one, normal thing if we just copy from there, unplugged)
The idea is this: the "Copy from / dev_usb / iris lets you create a folder on the USB device called iris / PKG and fragmented files and supports 666 xx, it can upload files larger than 4GB to be composed as one in HDD0. then when unplugging USB devices, the PKG is visible only have to be moved to where it finally settles in an instant.
In order to see what you think the new options and if anyone can make a summary pitinglish, to go forward job, I appreciate everyone.
PS: As you can see, the options are in English and will not be translated: English is a very basic and many of the options, may have no use for an ordinary user.
More PlayStation 3 News