Following up on the previous
updates, today PlayStation 3 developers Estwald
updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.93 followed by v2.93-1, v2.93-2, v2.93-3, v2.93-4 and v2.93-5 Mods by aldostools
with the changes outlined below.
Download: http://mods.elotrolado.net/%7Ehermes/ps3/irismanager-4-x.rar / irismanager-4-x_animated.pkg.527.v2.93.pkg
/ https://github.com/Estwald?tab=repositories / http://ps3tools.aldostools.org/IRISMAN.pkg / http://ps3tools.aldostools.org/IRISMAN_src.rar
To quote, roughly translated: What's New in version 2.93:
- Updated the ISO tools (PC_ps3iso_utilities_with_src_v1.8.zip) to patch ISO games with required FW version up to 4.60 in patchps3iso
- By request of Lustar ( GameTDB ) I have introduced a new system to update the covers (covers): Iris Manager now use the User Agent "IrisManager - v2.93" to access that server.
- In the game updates, the User Agent was changed also to simulate a PC
- Added support ( for Cobra / Mamba ) for Bluray movies, DVD Video and MKV (using "BluRay Drive" on Showtime).
- In the "Homebrew" category the homebrews/PSN are listed first and in the new "Films" category (only the movies are listed)
NOTE 1: As a reminder, pressing R3 / L3 you access the various categories.
- Supports internal (hdd0) and external hard drives in NTFS, EXTx or FAT format.
- The bluray movies should be in the root folder /BDISO, the DVD movies in /DVDISO (as in multiMAN). Subfolders are allowed and a JPG with the same name as the ISO is supported as cover (e.g. my_film.iso -> my_film.jpg as cover). The display name is taken from the file itself, so it is recommended to edit it if it is too long or non descriptive.
- The MKV should go in the root folder /MKV. Subfolders are allowed and a JPG with the same name as the ISO is supported as cover (e.g. my_film.mkv -> my_film.jpg as cover). The display name is taken from the file itself, so it is recommended to edit it if it is too long or non descriptive. After selecting a movie, an ISO is created dynamically to associate with the BDVD unit, then Showtime is launched to play it.
NOTE 2: For films the Options menu (accessed with SELECT) is not available.
NOTE 3: We have also made other changes to the code level, such as inclusion in main.h of the tags that define the internal flags for the games / movies. Hope that I have not screwed it up in the translation of the code.
NOTE 4 In principle, the support for /BDISO and /DVDISO was included thinking on those who have a broken the Bluray drive. Since we were doing this, MKV support was added (creating a dynamically ISO) if someone wants to use such films using covers. Showtime can play perfectly these movies with its NTFS support and it also allows you to navigate freely between directories: this option is mainly for geeks. IrisMAN v2.93-1 Mod Changelog:
This is an "unofficial" version of Iris Manager 2.93 by Estwald/D-Skywalk. This version includes all the new Cobra/Mamba payload and ISO features added by Estwald. The changes that I made are mainly related to the user interface (buttons layout are more XMB-like, quick access to File Manager, progress bar when game list is scanned or file permissions are applied, colors, 15 gui modes, etc.).
It also includes the Payloads for 4.41DEX/4.46DEX/4.50DEX/4.53CEX/4.55CEX from Rancid-O's PS3ITA Manager. The most notable feature is that unlike the official version, it scans GAMES/GAMEZ on the external drives. Changelog 2.93-1:
- Added the features from official Iris Manager 2.93
- Added support for Blu-ray and DVD ISOS and MKV videos on Cobra/Mamba (4.46, 4.53, 4.55)
- Use separated icons for MKV and DVD ISO
- Scan /VIDEO and /MOVIES folders.
- /MKV path can be customized in settings.ini
Side note: The integration of these changes was very hard this time, due Estwald updated a lot of code in 2.93 documenting the internal flags. I had to analyze a lot of code that was already implemented in IRISMAN Changelog 2.93-2:
- Fixed a bug reading the path for covers from settings.ini
- Moved settings.ini to USRDIR (to make it easier to update using a PKG)
- Added more GUI customization options to settings.ini
- Now the EBOOT in /dev_hdd0/game folder is checked first to know if the game needs to be patched
- Added shortcut buttons for faster GUI selection in Global Settings menu.
- Fixed a regression in the selection of background pictures
- Added display of game version to more menu
- Cached game list for faster start up; added patch for PSID; improved patch for IDPS; unmount /dev_rewrite and /dev_habib. (Added cached game list for fast start up of the manager, added option to patch the PSID and various improvements to the patch of the Console ID).
- Fixed the patches of PSID and Console ID (idps) on 4.55.
- Also fixed the broken feature that allows to auto launch a PS1 game stored in USRDIR/ps1_iso.
- Added some tweaks to improve the load time of the manager.
More PlayStation 3 News