Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixdts View Post
    Sorry I was under the impression that slim ps3s firmware was installed on the hdd. That info was read on this site.
    Technically most of it is, although in a different partition (vflash).. so no format is necessary.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    HI, continuing on from the original question, can someone please explain to me what it means to have cfw? i read that it permanently "jailbreaks" the ps3. so does that mean i can now copy any game onto my HDD? i apologise for my questions but i just really want to get everything clear before i start messing with my ps3.

any advice that you can give about how the custom firmware allows a person to manage games would be fantastic.

thanking you in advance.

AG

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    permanently "jailbreaks" the ps3 - means you don't have to use the dongle anymore... i think there are still games that you cannot copy (like new ones that require higher than 3.55) but yeah most games...

so if most games can be copied does that mean that you just go ahead and copy the same way as you do WITH the dongle using a backup manager like MultiMan?

if this is the case it really sounds like you can lose!

Yes you can copy any game you want, like you did when you were using a dongle.

Games higher than 3.55 can be modded with dean's ebootMOD tool.

Again thank you all so much for all of the information that you have provided to me it has made this process very easy and made it very easy to understand, greatly appreciated.

Just one more question to get things straight in my head. any games that require higher than 3.55 will require modding with dean's ebootMOD tool. is that the same tool that is included in the MulitMan 1.16.11 MEGA pack? if so does this program mod teh eboot for me or do i have to mod the eboot?

Again thankyou all in advance, very much appreciated.

regards
    AG
    Last edited by Aussiegamer; 04-05-2011 at 10:13 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

multiman is just the backup manager the ebootmod tool is the tool you need to modify your eboot files to make them work with 3.55 i dont think multiman does that for you, mutiman fixes sfo's and permissions on files.

Thanks again everyone for you info has helped me a great deal... have just read through the tutorial on the eboot links repository sticky and it all now makes sense.

should be fun trying to work it all out.. seems straight forward enough.

thanks again
    cheers
    AG

Ok, another job well done.

Thread Closed

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News