Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 32 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've got to work today, so I will not have a chance to play further and I'm in the middle of GraceFs, so I want to finish that first.
    So that I why I'm hoping others (WildBreed and OrangeFlavored, good luck) can help narrow down the files and confirm if active skits works as well as if there are cutscenes further in the game that may have issues.

Unfortunately I only tested up to the 1st fight as it was too time consuming to test further for each of my trial runs.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well if removing those 500 is making it work then its some file among those 500 that is probably causing the issue

There are 1340 TSDSE4 files in total... First going to try it among those 500 that were deleted if 100 at a time gives issues will narrow it down to 50 still will take a alot of doing

Also i wonder if JPN saves work with this release.. that will help a lot in this process as well

anyways will have something to eat now then keep on continuing.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think it's a combination of files. I originally tried repacking with groups of 150 from the 500 to see if any one fixed it, but it did not work with any of the groups. Then I tried with groups of 150 removed (or 200 for the last one) and still no matter which group I removed it still didn't work. So either I was very unlucky or there are a lot of files needed from the EN release. Eventually gave up and just stuck with all 500.

Also was no music in Aladhi Seahaven but I don't know if that was normal or not. There was the sound of the waves.
    Last edited by OrangeFlavored; 08-05-2013 at 11:42 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this is what i've been trying to say, its a combo of files, i tried splitting as few as 11 files to 3 groups and each group alone would work, but if you try to mix them in any combo the cutscene soundeffects break. i think a proper fix would need all files to work without removing anything.
    Last edited by higher87; 08-05-2013 at 12:28 PM

Might be quicker to figure out what files specifically contain the voices and then get rid of everything but those, since I imagine the majority of the stuff now is just sound effects and BGMs anyway.

To do that we need to decompress the TSDSE4 files. And then figure out which sound codec they use. And then sit and listen through round 1400 sound files and note which one is which. Though the last one could be spilt into parts and have multiple people working on it.
    Anyway to do that we need some tools.

Well someone could write a simple script to compare the contents of the extracted en and jp folders, and mark any files with a filesize difference of more than 5% or so, those are likely to be voice clips aren't they?

That would probably work too I guess.

If anyone's interested here's a list of all the NUSNUB NUSBIN TSDSE3 TSDSE4 files and their differences: pastebin.com/V0Fmex3s

Anything not listed was the same. I'll mess around with it and see if I can do anything useful with it but may as well post it here too.

And here's the list of files with less than 2%, 5%, and 8% difference.

pastebin.com/8syBf5qp

Running an MD5 comparison between the tsdse4 files of the jap and eu releases, showed that 182 files are identical. Here is the list of identical files: pastebin.com/qJ4XAYa4

Those files can be obviously omitted and if what hohowan posted here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cf...tml#post460486 is correct (I say that because someone said he was missing sfx by excluding that range) then we have narrowed it down from 500 to 374.

Sponsored Links

Page 32 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News