Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Fixing Tales of Graces F for PS3 CFW 3.55

Sponsored Links
    Well, basically, i've been able to make the JAP version of the game run with the US version's story and NPC dialogue by replacing the files map0r.cpk and map1r.cpk with the ones from the english version, however, other things such as the Menus and the skits remain untranslated, because at least the skit text is located inside the rootR.cpk file, menu text is probably in the Eboot.

The thing with rootR.cpk is that if you replace it with the US one, the game will get stuck in an infinite loading screen, i extracted the .cpk's of both versions and noticed that in the US cpk, a folder and a file are missing, and have been moved to the USRDIR folder in the US version, while in the JP version the file is inside the cpk, and thats most likely what causes the game to get stuck in the loading screen.

so, if we could make a new cpk with the files back in the right place, theres a chance that the game might work, but i tried and all the .cpk's i made just cause the game to give me a black screen, not like with the US .cpk where it shows the logos and then gets stuck, it just outright gives me a black screen. Can anyone help me with this?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Try to read this topic about CPK (CRI) repacking: forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7930

ToG US use even more new version of CPK packages: CPKMC2.18.04, DLL2.78.04

You can find CRIWARE SDK ver.3.07.00. I have tried, but unfortunately, without any good result.

Also i have tried to use unpacked files (rootR.cpk) without packed archive. Game don't want to use it, black screen. Somehow we must find more new version of packer or sdk.

Updated: created custom cpk file and game give me logo and some warning: ィンス卜ールデータにエラーがあります。ゲームを終了してから、インス卜ールデータを削眛して くださ

Google translation of warning: There is an error in the Bok Rudeta ~Insu. Exit from the game, be sure to remove the Rudeta 眛 Bok install

Ok, error like with replaced rootR.cpk from US version, but not black screen, like without rootR.cpk with unpacked files. Tried to repack Jap rootR.cpk, game give me logo + warning again. But the game was trying to read the .cpk.
    Last edited by Dimkaua; 03-15-2012 at 10:10 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How did you get the .cpk working? could you give me the tools you used to repack the files so i could try too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimkaua View Post
    Ok, error like with replaced rootR.cpk from US version, but not black screen, like without rootR.cpk with unpacked files. Tried to repack Jap rootR.cpk, game give me logo + warning again. But the game was trying to read the .cpk.
    It says Error in the Installation Data. Please exit the game and delete the Installation Data.

BTW i intend to work on this and SM3Z after finishing Disgaea 4.

hmm. so repacking files might do the trick. (again)

let the hacker in Xentax forum handle that, i'm sure they can make at least a unpacker for the new cpk files.

Have you tried messing with CRiFile Majik?

Quote Originally Posted by AndreTrek View Post
    How did you get the .cpk working? could you give me the tools you used to repack the files so i could try too?
    CRI Packed File Maker 1.3 can this. Official version from Criware. Google for it.

Quote Originally Posted by niwakun View Post
    hmm. so repacking files might do the trick. (again)
    We can try to replace some values in hex-editor. For example, version of packager/dll. But so many variants... and so slow packing of big packages.

Algorithm of packing same as unpacking algorithm. Old unpacker unpack new package without any error. Maybe, added some extra values for differentiation old and new packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidusnake666 View Post
    Have you tried messing with CRiFile Majik?
    If you from UA (Ukraine), we can discuss by phone or in private chat in russian language. Can we?

CRiFile Majik = CRI Packed File Maker 1.3 (old name of same packaging tool)
    Last edited by Dimkaua; 03-16-2012 at 06:11 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh, I see now.

There is a semi-translation JPN eboot patch floating around by Veritas, we also may use it.

I took a glance on US dump, have a few ideas. From what I can say, it's really a new packing DLL's, but strangely it can be unpacked with an old algo. Some things they do is perverted in a way, there's a lot of japanese junk in the US release.

Wait for more info till I get my hands on japanese copy ^_^
    Last edited by Tidusnake666; 03-16-2012 at 04:31 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

From what i noticed, the only reason why the US RootR.cpk file doesnt work with the JP version is because namco moved the Sys/ja/SysString.bin file to the USRDIR folder in the US version, while in the JP version, the file is located inside the RootR.cpk.

The RootR.cpk is all thats missing to make the game almost fully english, since the Map0r and 1r files contain the story script and they work just fine with the japanese version.

Anyone working on it? I heard repacking back with Cri Packed File Maker makes the game go black screen, so that's need working on.
    If movies and maps cpk allow replacement US to JP what rootR role in the game is?

I'm not a programmer. but I have both versions and can test if you wish

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News