Page 62 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

your map0R.cpk and map1R.cpk are most likely english ones. you can use them for repack, but you have to edit the BAT files.

someone will most likely make a fixed version, so you might want to wait for it instead.

All right I'll wait but i'll start looking around in those BAT files and see what I can do. I many never post but I know what's going on inside files.

thanks again for all the work done mamu, unfortunately dlc still won't activate and react-triangle gives black screen *sighs*

anyone have links to download tales of grace releases?

mamu, do you think there is a way to make the jap dlcs work in the us game?

Some of them do but the important dlcs don't (the titles with costumes + attachments) they freeze the game.

it's hard to tell without knowing what kind of files are in a dlc (edata).

from a programmer's perpective, i think it might be because the us game can't handle the jp title and attachment names. since the game font (the picture of the characters, to be more precise) is limited to english letters only, it is possible that the game was modified to work only with maximum 127 characters (7-bit ASCII, standart american character encoding). when the game tries to read a japanese character, it will find a value that is over 128 (Shift-JIS first byte). such errors aren't handled so it simply crashes.

of course this is just a guess. i wonder, what is the exact moment when it crashes?

For some titles the moment you equip them the game freezes. For others they can be equipped but everything inside is null (funny thing is that the game itself writes null in the places where you should get something).

if we get a US eboot from DUPLEX, we can just dump all the text from the decrypted eboot and put it right into the jap eboot. no need for translation right? that should fix DLC problem too.

I'm more interested in Tales of Xillia. hope someone can translate menus at least in the eboot for easy play.
    Last edited by Lando43; 08-15-2012 at 07:51 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

First off, thank you so much mamu for making all of this possible. Now I was wondering, is there supposed to be text underneath the area names when a new area is first introduced? Instead there's this big black box currently. Is this something in the eboot?

lando: we would still have to reword some longer texts to fit into the jap eboot, but it would speed up the process.

indigo: in the jap game, the name of a place is written out with japanese characters, then in engrish under it. this texture is not present in the us game.

Page 62 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast