Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 56 of 97 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry, just a nitpick: タカラバコ is not a random sequence. It means "treasure box". The random sequences are those for letters that do not correspond to actual passwords. I think mamu had a bit of fun with those

And a clarification for ragragrag's reactPSN tutorial: when he says cfw 3.55.2 (and the 0.7 update), he means Rebug firmware. ReactPSN may work with Kmeaw under certain circumstances if you don't want to switch to Rebug for some reason. You'll need Rebug if you've never signed in to PSN with Kmeaw, though.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, you are right, I just looked up the word again, I kinda only knew "takara" for treasure.

I'm still learning, thanks for the correction

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for your hard work. Really.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I followed the guide on page 52. but I still have ingame cut scenes in Japanese. is it normal or I did something wrong?

thanks.

Yeah Mamu, could you please check/look at your last procedure (page 52 post 514). Because I used it to do my own copy and there is so many (really too much) cut scenes or dialogs still in japanese... For example when you start the game before finding Sophie in the hill of flower and reaching the village all the text are still in japanese. Also when you leave the village for your quest of finding the woman with the chick that's all in japanese.

After that when you leave the village to see the guest coming from the capital and you fight the eagle with your all the text in japanese with the Dad. Some people I know also reported that after the time lap there is many text in japanese. and i found it weird.

So i thought that i might did something bad on the procedure but i redid it and it doesn't change anything and now that Shinintendo wrote about that. I think that it was weird because nobody on this thread wrote about story lines missing in English... Most of your talk are about the skits and the translation on the menu or tutorial and of course the last dungeon

Could you please check the procedure with the original jp and us game and see if there is some problem somewhere. Or I might be an idiot and understand nothing. That's also possible.

Anyway thanks to everyone for the great job. I'll finish my night work today And i'll be free for 4 days and will be on this thread with you guys to check everything.

Note; I read all the thread before posting this comment and i know about the manual procedure. But it seems quite hard when your native language is French. But i might try. Again thanks for the work thus far on Togf
    Last edited by Kenshindono; 08-11-2012 at 12:43 PM Reason: .

apparently the file map1R.cpk need to be taken from the usa release, that's what the guide forgot to mention. that made the whole game in English with only minor things untranslated. the only things really needed now is end of battle subs, chest english fix and some untranslated text from the eboot.

Thanks everyone for the amazing work

No Mamu wrote it : "- Copy map1R.cpk from the american release (BLUS30903/PS3_GAME/USDIR) to here and rename it to map1R_US.cpk"

There is only one thing Mamu forgot to mention on this procedure and it's to copy RootR.cpk from the US release, but that's optional and doesn't affect much the procedure since he wrote a little after

- open quickbms
    - select the script file
    - select the american rootR.cpk
    - select the us_files folder

Preparations:

- Make a new folder somewhere, for example C:/talesfix
    - Extract the tools and the fixed skits folder to here. You can place quickbms and the script anywhere.
    - Copy rootR.cpk from the japanese game (BLJS10093/PS3_GAME/USDIR) to here and rename it to rootR_JP.cpk
    - Copy rooR.cpk from the american game (BLUS30903/PS3_GAME/USDIR) to here (optional and might be added but not needed)
    - Copy map1R.cpk from the american release (BLUS30903/PS3_GAME/USDIR) to here and rename it to map1R_US.cpk

- Make these new folders in talesfix: jp_files, us_files, map1r_files
    - Your folder should now look like as on the first picture

Anyway my problem is not coming from that. Most of the dialog are still in japanese (except in the village) and this might be related to something else...
    Last edited by Kenshindono; 08-11-2012 at 02:06 PM Reason: .

Story texts are in English long time ago I think you have to copy map2R.cpk from the us game too which is forgotten in that guide maybe...

Edit: I mean the map0R.cpk file ...
    Last edited by Itachi 2121E; 08-11-2012 at 02:37 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Foolish me I mean file: map0R.cpk need to be taked from the USA release!

Edit: Itachi 2121E said it.

Oh, I see it might be that. But on the japanese version there is no map2R.cpk in USRDIR folder. I don't see it there is rootR.cpk map0R.cpk map1R.cpk PackDateR.txt and the folders. I might need to replace map0R.cpk by map2R.cpk and rename it?

Edit / Update: Oh shinintendo I think I understand now Thanks. We have to overwrite/replace the map0R.cpk from the US game with the one in the JP game ?

If you could add a clear step to the procedure this would be great

Thanks Itachi 2121E, for your edit, it's more clear now. I'll try that once I'm at home at 4AM !! Sadly, why do I have to work tonight when I wanted to work on that... I hate my work today... But tomorrow I want my full Undub version.
    Last edited by Kenshindono; 08-11-2012 at 03:09 PM Reason: .

Sponsored Links

Page 56 of 97 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News