The script you need to use is in unpack_scripts.zip, in post 290 (page 29).
You need to use cpk_unpack_original.bms with quickbms like you did when originally unpacking rootR.cpk. Choose a different output folder because you will still need the compressed files when you repack everything.
since i can't work on the skits right now, i took a look at the chest problem. here's what i got:
- map0R are the dungeons and map1R are the towns and field maps
- in the cpk (inside the mapRs), chr and ani files are models and textures, packed to fps4 and compressed with TLZC. there is an unpacker script at forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8725 and i also updated fps4pack to work with these files
- scs+so file pairs are the scripts
- files starting with "e" (like e102_010.so, e102_010.scs, e102_010.ani, e102_010.chr) are for cutscenes (so+scs are the script, ani+chr are models) (i think)
- files starting with "s" are npc stuff (i think)
- files with the same name as the cpk (eg. lanR.cpk -> lan_...) are the main files for that area. the scs files are mostly macro commands or story events
For example there is a the chest in Lhant, and if I replace the lan_ scs+so pairs, the it can be opened, so the problem might be with one of the macros. I will look into this more. In the worst case, we have to copy all the text from US scs while keeping the original macros.
As a little bonus, here are some textures i just extracted. After the important bugs and crashes are fixed, there is the black bar bug (when entering a new area) that i would like to fix too. It is not necessary but would look a bit better.
ok i found it, chest passwords are stored in the scs files just like any other text. the game works perfectly after changing it.
i found the bug that caused the freezing, now all the skits should work fine.
the problem was with the repacking, the new file header didn't aligned well and that caused crashing. i tried it out with #102 but should work with the others too. you have to run skitfix again with this new fps4pack and remake the rootR.