Here is the updated skitfix, full of error checking and whatnot, now you can see the reason if it crashes
Also editing the listfile is way easier now. Here's how to use it:
- first uncompress both us and jp rootR (if you haven't already of course)
- put skitfix next to fps4pack (included)
- run skitfix and set the location of your chat folders
- it will make a "skitfixdir" folder next to the program and will check all skit files (page number is in the scs, timing and voice in chd). If it finds a different file, it tries to repack it. it will also make a more useful file list than last time
- now start CriPackedFileMaker, select the skitfixdir folder (there should be 77+1 files), click on Build CPK file and check Try compression.
- save it to somewhere, then unpack it (with modified script) to a folder (you can overwrite skitfixdir and delete the uncompressed files, but do not delete filesizes.txt yet).
- open filesizes.txt, replace "your_jp_files" with the folder where your compressed files are, ready for repacking (like, jp_files). also replace "skitfixdir" with the name of the folder where you extracted your skit-cpk.
- now copy all lines from filesizes.txt to your listfile (at line 1086 by default), be sure to overwrite and do not leave blank lines
- repack, enjoy, post bugs
yeah. on single file it gives the "encountered a problem" error i mentioned and closes. just a common windows error. can you tell me the exact size of your cht_DC007? maybe mines corrupted somehow.. i don't know really.
well. i think the rootR making process should pretty much stay the same. so the only different part will be: you don't need to copy map0R and map1R . also you should use the us version and copy rootR to there obviously.
also there has been much going on after my last guide. i did a small update a few pages later but it's still not quite up to date. i'll make a new guide from start to finish once all been solved. since there is still the issue with realigning the text in skits and the zhonecage dungeon. although i think the zhonecage dungeon problem should not happen if you use us version with a dongle.
ps. and one more thing. there is the gui version with a guide from mamu a few pages ago. it should make things easier but if you have problems running the gui version. then my guide on page 19 + update a few pages later. should do.
Last edited by Nogitsune; 07-02-2012 at 11:51 PMReason: Automerged Doublepost