Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 21 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Don't know what the sys files are for but I know the remaining stuff that is in Japanese are in the EBOOT I've seen it, but now that I've gotten the skits translated I can give time to work on the EBOOT. The skits were pretty much the only thing I wanted translated from the rootr.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so cht\chd folder solves the skit problem completely without any flaws?

guess i should update my step by step guide. or maybe i'll wait for battle to get fully solved first.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think it does, every file in the chd matches with the scs files except a few so even so even if all the files aren't in Japanese it's only a few out of 380+ nothing major or worth putting extra time into

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I checked the files, in the btl/acf dir there are sounds (.se3) in the skt and vav files, the rest of them are 3d model files, textures and animations. there are also also voices (.wav files) in the chat/chd files, but the skit texts are in the scs files so you can use the jp ones. SysString replaces the Press (X) text on the titles screen Well, probably something else too. I will check with these files later.

thanks for the hard work mamu. Finally managed to past the infinite loading.

So what files do we need to replace in mapxx.cpk? So we can solve that last dungeon freeze on this game.

Thanks for pointing out the sound files in the btl folder. I just played my undub copy for about 30 min and it's perfect so far; all Japanese audio on cut scenes, skits, and victory quotes and all the text in game, menu, tutorial, etc are in English. Just to summarize what I did:

Patched eboot of US version
    Japanese movie files
    US RootR.cpk with the following files from the Jap RootR.cpk: snd, btl/acf/skt and btl/acf/vav files, chat/chd files.

With all these put together, I think this time I really might have a 100% undub version of ToGf.

Thank you for the info, so you used the ToGF US version as a base game and replaced the things you mentioned above with JP files? And then used that eboot?

Sorry for my bad english

This won't work for people without a dongle. However, if you do, it will be easier to make the game more complete in terms of dubbing at the moment.

Oh I have the dongle So I only need to replaced everything from what you said above right? Will try it ^-^

I played this game in English and tbh I don't really like the dub.

Thank you

Great, make sure to create the file list text file using the tocdump for the US rootR.cpk file.
    Last edited by donkatsu; 06-25-2012 at 11:20 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 21 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News