Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, me and dimkaua are working on it.

No luck repacking Root.R.cpk file, but as said earlier, we can get story and NPC dialogues in english easily by file swap world*.cpk.
    Items, skills, menus are probably stored in eboot (needs investigation), some quick-events "Tales of.." style are stored in RootR.cpk that can't be repacked by now (looking into it).

They have some strange things there, as some of the english texts are stored in "ja" folder and some of the japanese is stored in "en".

Oh, and about that semi-translated eboot, that I mentioned earlier, - it's actually a patch for the wii version (I was mistaken), but we can use it as well too!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimkaua View Post
    Try to read this topic about CPK (CRI) repacking: forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7930

ToG US use even more new version of CPK packages: CPKMC2.18.04, DLL2.78.04

You can find CRIWARE SDK ver.3.07.00. I have tried, but unfortunately, without any good result.

Also i have tried to use unpacked files (rootR.cpk) without packed archive. Game don't want to use it, black screen. Somehow we must find more new version of packer or sdk.

Updated: created custom cpk file and game give me logo and some warning: ィンス卜ールデータにエラーがあります。ゲームを終了してから、インス卜ールデータを削眛して くださ

Google translation of warning: There is an error in the Bok Rudeta ~Insu. Exit from the game, be sure to remove the Rudeta 眛 Bok install

Ok, error like with replaced rootR.cpk from US version, but not black screen, like without rootR.cpk with unpacked files. Tried to repack Jap rootR.cpk, game give me logo + warning again. But the game was trying to read the .cpk.
    have you tried copy manually the repacked rootR.cpk to hdd0/game/BLJS10093-INSTALL/USRDIR ?
    and maybe change/edit PackDateR.txt inside that directory ?

sorry sounds noob but worth to try

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    there is this revolution translation patch from demo, maybe this is of some help. if i can get my hands on it, i also want to take a look at the files.

and about those files, i assume they only have included some english folder and put in japanese folder the english files and in english folder the japanese, to not fully recompile the eboot from scratch. this should be hopefully a sign, the jap eboot should fully work with the english release. maybe some offsets must be changed within for changed references/files

Quote Originally Posted by ils View Post
    have you tried copy manually the repacked rootR.cpk to hdd0/game/BLJS10093-INSTALL/USRDIR ?
    and maybe change/edit PackDateR.txt inside that directory ?

sorry sounds noob but worth to try
    I have tried =)

Main reason, why we cannot use CriPackedFileMaker from old CRIFileSystemTools:
    Sample of header of OLD package format:

[Register or Login to view code]

Sample of header of NEW package format, used in japanese ToG:

[Register or Login to view code]

Quote Originally Posted by arktos View Post
    there is this revolution translation patch from demo, maybe this is of some help. if i can get my hands on it, i also want to take a look at the files.

and about those files, i assume they only have included some english folder and put in japanese folder the english files and in english folder the japanese, to not fully recompile the eboot from scratch. this should be hopefully a sign, the jap eboot should fully work with the english release. maybe some offsets must be changed within for changed references/files
    You can easily download the demo and the patcher if you search ps3 tales of graces demo translation patch, first result.

Hope it helps.

Hmm, I just happened to stumble across this thread looking for a translation patch for ToG. If you guys figure all of the menu stuff out. Are you going to also patch the wii version of the game? Or transfering files from the ps3 to wii is more difficult?

Hi, Abcool. Saw your post on the other thread. Judging by a glance - it has nearly the same structure. But we can't say for sure. It may be a piece of cake or it may be a overkill. Won't say a lot of tech-stuff for now.

To all other, wait for tomorrow, hope it'll bring some good news for PS3 ToGF owners

Ohh man, ToG is one game that builds a lot of hype for itself and then kills it at the exact sametime. I am watching this thread like a hawk an hope the patch for Wii can FINALLY be made. Wii is the easiest console to hack an has more applications for it than anyother system so i really hope this game can be translated with txt atleast. "Fingers Crossed"

Sorry for the double post, but i now see where you saw my last post. That "Tales of Graces Translation Group" is a waste of time, if you are asking for there tools or progress to be transferred. They aren't helping anyone out, from since ToGF was announced last year they dropped the project cold, even after telling owners that only an original copy of the game will be able to apply the patch, some of us ported the game for $70 bucks only to get dropped in the end. Long story short others have asked for tools and they never ever lend a hand.

Good News. The guy that created the patch you want to use his name is Crevox and i talked to him on youtube. He said he didn't use tools and did everything manually. He isn't apart of that Graces teams, but if you want to contact him i will post his youtube account name on this site and he will give you the ok. He said he isn't into translating the game anymore. So i hope this shortens the amount of time you may have wasted on that translation site.

Crevox Youtube account: youtube.com/user/Crevox
    Last edited by Abcool; 03-18-2012 at 08:02 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I hope it won't come to it. I prefer taking the finished TOG F translation from the original English one, as I assume anyone does.
    but if it can't be helped Crevox translation is the next best thing.

Right now I'm quite far into the game and the menu is the really the only problem I have (but explanation about the combos, elixir and more are very welcome)

btw, anyone have problem with the password chests? the passwords doesn't work when I put Japanese characters such as タカラバコ and アストン.

Is it because I changed the map files in the USRDIR folder to the English ones?

I can confirm that 99.99% of the Items/Menu/Skills are in EBOOT. And it's a lot's of them.

Chest password are in EBOOT. And you can change them if you want to, but still you might want to stay it on japanese text since the password input in the game is locked in Kanji text.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News