A few months back PlayStation 3 hacker Scorpion2k
released an El Shaddai Ascension of The Metatron Multi-language patch for the Japanese version, and today both ninjanutta
and scene release group ASDOX
have made available some PS3 CFW 3.41 / 3.55 and Discless fixes for the iMARS
Downloads: El Shaddai Ascension of The Metatron PS3 (USA) 3.41 / 3.55 and Discless Fix
/ El Shaddai Ascension of The Metatron Eboot Patch (USA) PS3 ASDOX
/ El Shaddai Ascension of The Metatron PS3 (JPN) Multi-language Patch
For those interested in using the Multi-language Patch, below are the instructions from http://www.ps3iso.com/showpost.php?p=350883&postcount=1 to quote:
El Shaddai Tool JAP -> Multi (English, Italian, French, German, Spanish)
- Run tool
- Choose language & click 'Patch'
- Delete El Shaddai game data
The ASDOX fix requires users to swap out / replace the PlayStation 3 game files from the El.Shaddai.Ascension.of.The.Metatron.USA.PS3-iMARS release with those in their release, followed by playing the game from an internal PS3 HDD.
Finally, to quote from the BLUS30466 [Fix Only] Discless release text file:
To use this tutorial you will need a Windows PC and PS3 with multiMAN 01.16.12 (or newer
). Please follow these steps exactly in this order! Do not skip or reverse the steps. INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO USE NPDRM VERSION (PSN-like boot from XMB):
[PC] folder generated: "[BLUS30466] [NPDRM] El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON (HDD)":
!) [PS3] Delete all GAME DATA you may have on you PS3 system for "El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON" game!
1) [PC] Copy the generated PKG file to the root folder of USB stick or USB HDD:
--> for firmwares 01.90-03.41: "[BLUS30466] El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON (HDD).pkg"
--> for firmwares 03.55- : "[BLUS30466] El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON (HDD)-FW_355.pkg"
2) [PS3] Install the PKG file from [* Install package files] menu on your PS3
3) [PS3] Open multiMAN in file manager mode on your PS3 system (press SELECT+START)
4) [PS3] Browse to your game (on internal HDD) and press:
* multiMAN 01.xx.xx: [R3] while PS3_GAME folder is selected
* multiMAN 02.xx.xx: [O] while PS3_GAME folder is selected and then select "Shadow for PKG game"
5) This operation will create SHADOW copy of "El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON" to:
--> /dev_hdd0/G/U30466 and --> /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30466
6) [PS3] Exit multiMAN
7) [PS3] Launch the game directly from "El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON (HDD)" icon on the [GAME] column in XMB
8) [PS3] If prompted to update the game to newer version - cancel the update
!) You can use [BLUS30466] [MODIF] files directly with your game if you decide not to use the (HDD) PKGs, but you will have to rename them to the original names and replace in your game backup folder OR just use files from:
[BLUS30466] [RETAIL] El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON folder. INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO USE RETAIL VERSION (with a game manager):
[PC] folder generated: "[BLUS30466] [RETAIL] El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON":
1) Replace all files in your original game backup with the contents of the [RETAIL] folder
2) That is it
*) DISCLAIMER: Use this application ONLY with legally owned content!
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED with this great set of tools!
More PlayStation 3 News