Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Do any CFWs remove those extra icons from the XMB?

Sponsored Links
    Seriously now, CFW`s were never about jerking around on the PSN. But every one of them I have seen, seems to leave in PSN related bologna (Friendlist tab, Store options, Ect)

I WOULD use MFW creator, but it appears to have issues on win7 64bit, The only icons I want to see at All are Search for media servers, Internet browser, and Install PKG files.

So. Are there any CFW`s out there that remove the excess icons from the XMB for those of us who cant use MFW maker?

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    I would copy an old official .xml file for you to reintegrate the original XMB layout. Install official XMB and copy it to a hard drive. Then install the hacked file. Next copy the old .XML back to the ps3 with ComGenies Awesome file manager. Would that not work?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't think its possable to remove those icons because the ps3 firmware will try to load those xml files and icons and they won't be found if you remove them so it would give you a semi-bricked ps3.

Nope. Because my PS3 cannot open or run PKG files. Essentially I just want icons removed from a firmware, But I would like the apphome / pkg install options still enabled for future use (Such as installing linux)

Its not removing the icons, Imagine the XMB as a website, you remove a link in the page. Well that's essentially what this is doing. Removes the icon from being an option, not the data itself or the structure of the icon. If you look up MFWBuilder, It hasn't had any bricks so far and lets users remove icons of their choice.

right now I just want to get ALL icons removed that MFW builder will remove with the exception of install pkg files, apphome, and internet browser.
    Last edited by SexyVampiire; 03-18-2011 at 12:38 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thanks for clarifying the subject. I see now.

You can remove any icon that you want by editing the XML/RCO files. You cannot, however, remove the top level categories like PSN, Network, Game, etc. What I did was to rename some of those categories so that they could be re-purposed. I changed PSN to "Applications" and then moved all of my homebrew apps as well as Install Packages to this category. Apps can be moved by changing a 2 letter code it's PARAM.SFO file.

HG is for Game and HM is for PSN. I also removed App_Home and all of the PSN dependent features like Playlists and Photo Gallery and since I have a Slim I also removed all of the PS2 BC stuff like Memory Card manager. I can post some samples of my XML if you like, or you can check out this thread:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...er-113703.html

If you read the thread someone already suggested this, And, I don't want to rename any of the cagatories, I just want excess icons removed.

All I want for the catagories is this...

Pictures:
    <No Icons>
    Music:
    <PlayLists icon Only>
    Video:
    <No Icons>
    Game:
    <Install package files>
    <POSSIBLY /app/home>
    Internet:
    <Internet Browser>
    <Remote Play>
    Account:
    <No Icons>
    Messaging:
    <No Icons>

As I originally said, Do any CFW`s remove a lot of icons?... Or do I need to find a friend running 32bit vista to make one for me? (Or does someone know where I can get a proper working unpkg.exe for MFW Builder)

Lightbulb

Not sure if it's what you are seeking, but there is an unpkg.exe in the pack linked here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-he...tml#post371310

Does the same as the my unpkg.exe....

[Register or Login to view code]

Edit: Just call this thread closed. Downgraded to vista and got a new firmware made on it.
    Last edited by SexyVampiire; 03-19-2011 at 11:12 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi, Have you figured this out yet, if not tell me which icons you want remove and I can create a CFW for you?

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News