Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Disable PS3 Cinavia DRM Check Now with PS3MFW Builder Patch

Sponsored Links
    This weekend PS3 developer tical has released a change_cinavia_files.tcl Cinavia patch for PS3 MFW Builder which disables the Cinavia DRM check for PlayStation 3 Modified Firmware users.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: I have traced the Cinavia DRM checks to 4 separate sprx files and after a long time trying to patch these files I have found that 3 of those files are present in the DEBUG (DEX) firmware don't have the Cinavia DRM checks enabled. Files are videoplayer_util sprx, videoplayer_plugin sprx and videoeditor_plugin sprx.

I have successfully copied these 3 sprx files from DEBUG (DEX) FW 341 over to my retail PS3 unit running OFW 341 using dev_blind and Cinavia seems to be now disabled. I've confirmed this by playing back a number of Cinavia affected video files.

This means that Cinavia is now disabled for all DLNA playback and copying, but Cinavia checks on AVCHD and BD playback are still present with Message Code 3 that mutes the audio as the sprx file with the Cinavia check bdp_plugin sprx is not present in DEX firmware because BD playback is disabled in DEBUG. If someone is able to patch Cinavia out of bdp_plugin sprx this will be solved too.

I have created a new task for PS3MFW so this can be easily made part of any new MFW's as needed. Any FW version that has had the DEX firmware leaked should be able to be used to create a CFW of the same version. eg DEX 3.41 -> MFW 341 or DEX 355 -> MFW 355 etc etc. Don't use sprx files from different FW versions! See git hacks for change_cinavia_files task source.

Big thanks to the KaKaRoTo and REBUG team for their community contributions as this would have never been possible without the knowledge they've shared with us.

PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT OFFER ANY GUARANTEE WHEN MESSING WITH YOU PS3 SO DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR PS3 IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR PS3.

In related news, PlayStation 3 developer DanyL has made available PSHeb Project v0.1, a Hebrew Language on PS3 [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links] alongside his [Register or Login to view links] for use with PS3MFW Builder.

From the GIT, to quote: This is a language pack for language_pack.tcl, which is a task for PS3MFW.
    • There are still a lot of typos, and it’ll take me a years to correct it myself – so please join PSheb project and help me to correct any typo.
    • Because the PS3 isn’t a native Right-To-Left, the translation should be reversed, for example if you want to write “ABCD”, you’ll write “DCBA” instead.
    • Sony are using illegal charters (such as “<>”) in her xml language files, so I had to remove theme all.

PS3 XMB Translation Guide:

This guide will explain you how to translate the XMB and uselanguage_pack.tcl PS3MFW task.

LP structure:

font/name_of_the_font_file_to_replace.TTF

replace/name_of_the_rco_file.xml

edit/name_of_the_rco_file/language_name.xml

1. Create a folder – this will be our working directory.

2. If the language you want to translate XMB to is using unsupported font glyphs, you’ll have to include a modified PS3 font.

How to add glyphs to fonts?

I personally use font creator, open 2 fonts: the one I want to modify, and another one that contains the glyphs that I want to add.

Than all I need to do is to copy & paste the glyphs from one font to the other, and assign any glyph to it’s letter.

* I modify “SCE-PS3-DH-R-CGB.TTF”, but this should work with any font.

When you finished modifying your font, create the folder “font” inside your working directory, and put you modified font in there.

3. Extract language XML files from RCO files

Here you have two options:

1) Extract them one by one using RCOmage (CLI or GUI).

2) Using [Register or Login to view links] to automatically extract language XML files from all RCO files (or writing your own script).

* For those who doesn’t use LP_RCO:

You should extract only one language file from each RCO file (for example “English.XML”).

name each language file by the RCO file it was extracted from.

Now create a folder named “replace” in your working directory, and place all the extracted language files in it.

4. The translation itself

This is the exhausting stage, where you should just translate any string in the language files you extracted in charter 3.

* You should translate only the string between the and tags.

You could let Google to translate it for you, but then you’ll have to fix formatting and all Sony’s “special” glyphs (such as the “cross” symbol), and of course to correct all the typos.

5. Packing everything into LP

Use any tar compression tool, and compress the root of your working directory, and named it “name.LP”.

6. The “edit option”:

There is also the “edit” option in language_pack.tcl task, which allow you to fix typos in several RCOs and languages.

Create a folder named “edit” inside you working directory.

Extract the language XML files you want to edit, and put them inside a directory named by the RCO file they extracted from.

Now all you got to do is to edit the language files.

7. All you need now is to build your MFW with your new language pack!

Take attention that you don’t have to include any of those folders inside your LP – include them only if you want to use their function.

Good luck!

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so another thing for cfw users but no 3.60cfw. does anyone have any idea if a 3.60cfw will even exist or should just update my ps3 to play online?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A second / used PS3 is the safest bet for playing online, this way you don't have to update your JailBroken PS3 to do it and don't have to wait for a new PSN hack to surface. Most of the PS3 hackers doing CFW updates also aren't into getting them to work online, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for one if you play online a lot and miss it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Now this is useful!!

Can't wait for a good 3.55 cfw that makes use of this.

Lightbulb

Not sure if it's the exact same, but the last Rebug update did include "Cinavia protection disabled" under the features listed. This is likely just "new" for those using the MFW app to build their own vs a PUP-released CFW.

Good job unbricking that part of the PS3 software

Quote Originally Posted by rocha160 View Post
    so another thing for cfw users but no 3.60cfw. does anyone have any idea if a 3.60cfw will even exist or should just update my ps3 to play online?
    If you want to play online do the update. Even if the 3.60 is released SONY will eventually disable PSN access for it. You may get a week or a few weeks of online play and then you'll be writing here again "Should I wait or update???".

yeah i am not in a hurry to play online i just wanted a opinion of what would be the best thing to do and i am sorry for asking this type of noob questions and for my bad english. thx for answering.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by rocha160 View Post
    Even with a 3.60cfw you still can't play online as you need 3.66 or whatever its up to now to play online. A 3.60cfw will be to get around all the 3.6+ firmware games that are now out.

It's your choice. Either upgrade to play online or a cfw to play backups.

Haha thanks. This ends a lot of frustration.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News