Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Arrow PS3 NFW 3.55 v3 Custom Firmware, Includes Cobra USB Support

Sponsored Links
    Following up on the previous release, here are a few more PS3 NFW (Newbie Firmware) update downloads for those interested from bitsbubba which include version 3 and Cobra USB support as outlined below:

[Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

PS3 NFW v3 Features Enabled:
    • Change PUP build / version
    • Patch LV1 hypervisor - Allow mapping of any memory area (Needed for LV2 Poke)
    • Patch LV2 kernel - Patch to add Peek&Poke system calls to LV2
    • Patch package installer - allow installation of pseudo-retail (geohot) packages, allow installation of debug packages
    • Patch Application launcher - Patch to allow running of unsigned applications
    • Add "The Homebrew Channel" category to the XMB
    • Rename "app_home/PS3_GAME" to "Start Game (disc-less)"
    • Added Package Manager to "The Homebrew Channel" (thanks to Team REBUG [Cyberskunk and Evilsperm])
    • Clean unwanted icons from the XMB Videos Category - Remove "Netflix" icon from the XMB Videos Category
    • Clean unwanted icons from the XMB Games Category - Remove "Minis Manual" icon from the XMB Game Category, Removed "PlayStation Store" icon from the XMB Game Category
    • Clean unwanted icons from the XMB Network Category - Remove "Online Instruction Manuals" icon from the XMB Network Category
    • Disabled Cinavia Protection (except AVCHD and BD: WIP)
    • Custom coldboot by PatheticPuma
    • Added Graffiti Dynamic Theme by DoctaIgnorantia

PS3 NFW v3 Hashes:

02E2F9C800D802AAE769546B2078A9F5 *NFWv3.7z
    95A48CC4B6E863C6AE947CD0B1D9F982 *PS3UPDAT.PUP

PS3 NFW v3.0-CobraUSB Features Enabled:
    • Change PUP build / version
    • Patch package installer - allow installation of pseudo-retail (geohot) packages, allow installation of debug packages
    • Add "The Homebrew Channel" category to the XMB
    • Remove "app_home/PS3_GAME" and "Install Package Files" from CobraUSB game category
    • Added Package Manager to "The Homebrew Channel" (thanks to Team REBUG [Cyberskunk and Evilsperm])
    • Clean unwanted icons from the XMB Videos Category, Remove "Netflix" icon from the XMB Videos Category
    • Clean unwanted icons from the XMB Games Category - Remove "Minis Manual" icon from the XMB Game Category, Removed "PlayStation Store" icon from the XMB Game Category
    • Clean unwanted icons from the CobraUSB Game Category - Remove "Minis Manual" icon from the Cobra Game Category, Removed "PlayStation Store" icon from the Cobra Game Category
    • Clean unwanted icons from the XMB Network Category - Remove "Online Instruction Manuals" icon from the XMB Network Category
    • Disabled Cinavia Protection (except AVCHD and BD: WIP)
    • Custom coldboot by PatheticPuma
    • Added Graffiti Dynamic Theme by DoctaIgnorantia

PS3 NFW v3.0-CobraUSB Hashes:

0087C7D2D51DE17D8FACE02E7E9DA621 *NFWv3.0-CobraUSB.7z
    29C796DC9ECF565D20811AFE0CFD0706 *PS3UPDAT.PUP

PS3 NFW 3.55 v3 Custom Firmware, Includes Cobra USB Support

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cobra usb support? with or without dongle? I think with dongle, is it so?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, it still requires the Cobra USB dongle.

this is cool its embedded in the firmware but sucks that we still need the cobra dongle.

also not mentioned in the article above, I got Cyberskunk's permission to use the Package Manager code for this release.

Props to Cyberskunk (and evilsperm as well) indeed... I guess it does hint at it in the changelog above: Added Package Manager to "The Homebrew Channel" (thanks to Team REBUG [Cyberskunk and Evilsperm])

Removed "PlayStation Store" icon from the XMB Game Category
    Wow, kinda harsh Although I know we won't see any online on CFW in near time.

thx bro

actually I though 1 playstation store icon was enough PSN category still has one, why they thought we needed 2 I do not know.

I'm assuming it checks for the presence of a Cobra USB before allowing the functionality, or are they just not functionally available (can select stuff but nothing happens)?

Also, how is the progress of cloning the Cobra USB going??

Yeah I think it's harsh removing the PSN category, but at the same time it's pragmatic and logically makes sense as there is no use for it while all CFW's are offline only.

Sponsored Links
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News