Resident Evil 4 HD PS3 English Mod for Custom Firmware Arrives
Following up on the Biohazard Revival Selection PS3 3.55 / 3.41 CFW Fix, zero233 has now made available a Resident Evil 4 HD English mod using US save data for PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware users... previously the game had English audio and subtitles with menus in Japanese.
To quote: First off, thanks to ray13j for the idea. i can confirm it works. This game can now be played with English subtitles... all that is needed is the US save data of the game so here's what you do.
1. Download the US save data (above)
2. Copy the save to a USB (or use FTP) and start up multiMAN on your PS3 and go to the file manager
3. On the left side navigate to your USB drive and then to the save and on the right side navigate to dev_hdd0/home/0000000X (the X is for your profile id, so it will be different) /savedata/NPJB00084-JPN-000
4. Copy everything except for the PARAM.SFO from your usb to that directory.
5. Load a game from multiMAN, and launch Resident Evil from the XMB. the opening will still be in Japanese but the in game subs will be in English!!!
With this "fix", is there way to turn on english subtitle (even though it is speaking english)? Also, I notice there is a "Leaderboards" option squeeze in between "Extras" and "Credits" (it's overlapping in a hacky way), is that just me or it is normal?