Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Poll 3.55 Kmeaw or Rebug PS3 CFW

Sponsored Links
    Tomorrow i will recieve my new PS3 Slim after my old phattie died, and i was wondering why would i put KMEAW over REBUG and vice versa, whats the main difference between the 2.

On a SLIM does it matter wich one u have or either one will do.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Rebug adds some debug options to the XMB. KMEAW just pretty much, hacks it.

I for one, never had use for Rebug, if you feel the extra options are worth it, then give it a go.

Note that, Rebug comes with Package Manager pre-installed while in KMEAW you have to install it separately. Not a must but a pretty sweet app.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Would be glad to see the differences between Rebug & KMEAW.

I think the answer depends on what you are going to mainly use your ps3 for. I myself like to play around with other things other than games, so I have installed Rebug because there are settings in there thats useful to me and how I run and control my PS3.

Now if yourself was also interested in the same, then with the slim I would recommend rebug because it has been made even easier for the noob to install other OS, unlike the phattie you had before.

If your a backup player then I would also say Rebug because it has everything you need to play backups without a disk in the drive. no messing with other payloads.
    Then the only other 2 packages you need is Dean's MultiMan and blackbox ftp.

That's hoping you get a new ps3 set at 3.55 or below. My fingers are crossed for ya.

Well it should i ordered 1 and it had 3.60 on it so am returning it because site said it would have 3.30 or something so that's why i can return it , now i ordered the little big planet 2 bundle, in theory it must be on lower FW because it was made before 3.55 came out and i don't think they still make the LBP2 bundles.

What I forgot to say was I never used KMEAW, but a good friend does, and he has never had an issue as far as I know. Plus I have read endless posts raving about it, so your not going to go wrong either way really.
    Last edited by daveshooter; 05-31-2011 at 04:52 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by kmjansen83 View Post
    Well it should i ordered 1 and it had 3.60 on it so am returning it because site said it would have 3.30 or something so that's why i can return it , now i ordered the little big planet 2 bundle, in theory it must be on lower FW because it was made before 3.55 came out and i don't think they still make the LBP2 bundles.
    If you buy LBP2 bundle then you are in good hand...I buy the same and there was FW 3.45... but one think I can say for sure that you did not get PS3 with FW 3.30 OR lower.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk.

Any news ?

Well kmjansen83 did you get your PS3? and what did you decide on the firmware front?

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News